April 2014 Moms
Options

Pointy or round

Hello ladies, a lot of people I know guess the gender by pointy bellies for boys and round, spread out bellies for girls. I was wondering if that was the case for you STM or ladies who have found out the gender. I know it's not a guarantee but I was just curious :)

Re: Pointy or round

• Options
    I was very round with DD. My mom was also all belly 3x and had girls. I guess they weren't pointy, but they were certainly not 'all over'.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    I have a very round belly, and it's a boy.  Pretty much every old wive's tale you've ever heard says that we're having a girl, but it's definitely a boy :-)
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have two boys and I was all belly and very round. This time I'm round again but spread with huge hips.
  • Options
    Round!
  • Options
    I'm round and it's a boy. I was round for my DD too.
  • Options

I was top to bottom of my torso round with my first and it was a girl. I am the same with this one. I am team green this time around so I have no idea. But my gut says girl!

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Options
    I am pregnant with a boy this time, and my belly is the same shape it was when I was pregnant with a girl last year. Where does the butternut squash shape category put me? I have a really deep belly button, so my belly isn't round or pointy - it's almost square shaped. Even when I was 41 weeks pregnant with Skippy, I was round on the top and bottom of my belly, but the very front was straight. It's hard to describe.

This was my belly at 41 weeks with Skippy (sorry for the saggy boobs and near nudity - I was in labor when the picture was taken and I didn't give a shit what I looked like...).

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Options
    I'm spread and round and I'm expecting a girl.. I don't remember what I was with my son..
  • Options
    I was very pointy with my DD
  • Options
    pointy both times, i never carried in my hips/back area.  i had a boy and now i'm having a girl.  the OWT doesn't hold true for me at all.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies. I was curious since a friend of mine, who is 2 weeks ahead of me, is quite pointy and she's having a boy. I won't find out for another 18 days what we're having but I'm rounder and I have a gut feeling it's a girl so I figured maybe it is true. It seems like it didn't end up being true for most of you ladies so I guess it's another one of the wives tales.
  • Options
    FTM and I'm pointy and reeeeeeally hoping for a boy! Unfortunately, I'll be waiting until Dec 5 unless I break down and get an elective ultrasound.
  • Options
    All three times round but more basket ball like with my boys and my belly this time is spread and it's a girl
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"