January 2014 Moms

Okay, so I'm going to do another "should I call..." Post

I'm sorry. I do these a lot I feel like. I just need to know I'm not nuts.

The past few days, LO has been ridiculously active. To the point of waking me up and feeling like he's going to burst through my belly button. This morning was no exception.

Since about noon, he's been rolling around and pressing on my belly button. I had lunch and around 1:30, I started getting some lower back pain and what feels like really strong persistent menstrual cramps. The pain doesn't come and go, it just stays there and only is slightly relieved when I rub it. LO is still moving around a lot which is making it hurt worse.

My pelvic area (where the pain is) is really tight. It's not gas, I tried going to the bathroom, drinking water and walking around.

Normal aches and pains? I have a doctors appt on Monday for a growth ultrasound.
Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
Partially Complex (my blog)

Re: Okay, so I'm going to do another "should I call..." Post

• This sounds like my regular day, so I personally woudn't call.  But as a FTM, you don't really know what is normal for you, so it doesn't hurt to call.  That is what your doctor's office is there for.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 10/8/12 | Missed Miscarriage - D&C 11/12/12

• Do his movements feel like he is down low in your hips again? I'd typically rather be safe than sorry and call but thats just me....if it feels similar to how it felt last time when he was just sitting really low maybe I'd wait, but cramping usually worries me.

• Loading the player...
  • Can I just put this out there.....when in doubt (serious doubt), call.
  • ac1259 said:

Do his movements feel like he is down low in your hips again? I'd typically rather be safe than sorry and call but thats just me....if it feels similar to how it felt last time when he was just sitting really low maybe I'd wait, but cramping usually worries me.

He's been hanging out around my belly button, lately. I've been lucky that he's not so low anymore.
  • I wouldn't call but to me it would depend how long it lasts. I have been having menstrual-like cramps here and there accompanied by lower back pain and I did talk to my midwife about it who said it's really normal. But as PPs have said you know your body best... I get these for an hour or two but if they were lasting half a day and increasing in severity it would be a different story and I may call.

• Do his movements feel like he is down low in your hips again? I'd typically rather be safe than sorry and call but thats just me....if it feels similar to how it felt last time when he was just sitting really low maybe I'd wait, but cramping usually worries me.
    He's been hanging out around my belly button, lately. I've been lucky that he's not so low anymore.
    Idk if you're feeling him up higher than where the cramping is I might call but like I said I'm a worry wart. Last time I had cramping I gave it awhile first though...I had it on a weekend and I waited at least until the doctors office was open because I didn't want them to tell me to go to L&D triage. 

• ac1259 said:

ac1259 said:

Do his movements feel like he is down low in your hips again? I'd typically rather be safe than sorry and call but thats just me....if it feels similar to how it felt last time when he was just sitting really low maybe I'd wait, but cramping usually worries me.

Idk if you're feeling him up higher than where the cramping is I might call but like I said I'm a worry wart. Last time I had cramping I gave it awhile first though...I had it on a weekend and I waited at least until the doctors office was open because I didn't want them to tell me to go to L&D triage. 

Cramping starts at my belly button and goes down to my hips. My back pain is in my lower right side (it almost feels like I pulled something). Ugh, this kid makes me worry...
  • When in doubt, call.  That's why your doctor is there.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That happened to me last week and he's still in here cooking away. I think he changed positions and it caused cramping and discomfort for a few hours. Hopefully that's all it is
    For you as well!

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• TBH, I think a lot of the problem is that he's going to be big (we will find out Monday). I'm only 5'2" and I think he's not fitting well in such a tiny space. Therefore he's uncomfortable and I'm uncomfortable.

If it doesn't stop, or at least get better, by the time I get home, I'll call the on-call doctor. I would like to avoid L&D - especially since DH is gone.
  • @pennstated912- I'm like 5'2 as well and DD was only 6 lbs 12 oz when she was born...but I definitely noticed discomfort in my ribs earlier than seemed possible...I'd imagine a bigger baby in a smaller person definitely causes more discomfort! 

• pennstated912pennstated912 member
    edited October 2013
    ac1259 said:

@pennstated912- I'm like 5'2 as well and DD was only 6 lbs 12 oz when she was born...but I definitely noticed discomfort in my ribs earlier than seemed possible...I'd imagine a bigger baby in a smaller person definitely causes more discomfort! 

I'm assuming he's tall. All the men, on my side (both mom and dad's) and on DH's side are 6 foot or taller. Tallest being 6'6". I'm assuming that he's very quickly running out of space. I'll be 29 weeks on Sunday. What do we think the over-under is on me making it to 40 weeks if it shows on his growth ultrasound that he's definitely tall? Lol

ETA: DH was only 6 lbs 8oz when he was born, but he was 20.5 inches. I was a munchkin at 6 lbs 4oz and barely 18 inches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"