August 2012 Moms
Options

Wonder Week 64?

Has anyone else's kid been going a little nuts lately? DS has been testing limits non-stop and acting deliberately mischievous. He's also been impossible to get to bed in the evenings- he's been really hyper and is super-tough to settle. I realized there's a Wonder Week around this time and it sure sounds like what's going on:

For the first time, your child is now able to change programs he’s learned so far. And he loves playing with this. You can see how he varies the programs endlessly and studies all consequences of this. You can see how he does all kinds of “physical antics,” gets acquainted with the outdoors, starts to be more skillful with things and language, imitates others, role-plays daily life, practices emotions, starts to think ahead, starts nagging to get his way, starts to put on drama-play, starts to “demand” a vote, starts to be “aggressive,” can distinguish between mine and yours, starts being nice and placating to get on mom’s good side, starts to make jokes to get around the rules, starts negotiating and bargaining, starts experimenting with “yes” and “no,” starts to know how to get someone to do something for him, learns to do something together, wants to help in the household, and experiments with “thoughtless” vs. “careful.”

https://www.thewonderweeks.com/mental-leap-9/

just looking to commiserate. i also had a cold this week and i am exhausted!!

Re: Wonder Week 64?

• Options
    ...is a bitch. Hitting, pinching, biting, head butting, throwing things, screeching, jealousy. I'm sure it's exacerbated by a molar and daycare transition, but DAMN!
  • Options
    I can't wait fir this one to be over already. It has been the worst for us by far. All the others mainly just affected his sleep not his behavior during waketime.

My DS has started clinching his fists and yelling at us when he wants/needs something. Oh either smacking or throwing toys if they are not doing what he wants them to do or he can't figure out how to do something. Where did my happy go lucky little boy go?

Also, they need a new name for this crap. This one says it lasts from approximately from 59.5 weeks to 64.5 weeks. Wonder Week my ass more like Wonder Month!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't wait fir this one to be over already. It has been the worst for us by far. All the others mainly just affected his sleep not his behavior during waketime. My DS has started clinching his fists and yelling at us when he wants/needs something. Oh either smacking or throwing toys if they are not doing what he wants them to do or he can't figure out how to do something. Where did my happy go lucky little boy go? Also, they need a new name for this crap. This one says it lasts from approximately from 59.5 weeks to 64.5 weeks. Wonder Week my ass more like Wonder Month!
    All of the bolded exactly!!
  • Options
    glad to hear i'm not alone, but sorry we're all going through this!

DS has also gotten more demanding and aggressive. plus he's like dr. jekyll and mr. hyde-- one minute he comes over and hugs you repeatedly, then the next minute he says "GO AWAY! BYE!" (which i am both amused and appalled by- i guess he got this from daycare??), and then back to hugs again. yeesh!
  • Options
    I was attributing her lack of sleep to cutting 4 teeth. But I'm going to go with this too! Thanks for sharing! Makes more sense now!
  • Options
    glad to hear i'm not alone, but sorry we're all going through this!

DS has also gotten more demanding and aggressive. plus he's like dr. jekyll and mr. hyde-- one minute he comes over and hugs you repeatedly, then the next minute he says "GO AWAY! BYE!" (which i am both amused and appalled by- i guess he got this from daycare??), and then back to hugs again. yeesh!
    Ha! If DS said "Go away! Bye" I'd be impressed by his language skills. LOL He doesn't say that much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"