Pregnant after a Loss

Re: Ten Things Thursday

• 1. We are announcing to the world today!

2. We finally got life insurance!

3. We hired a new guy to take the burden off DH and now I'll get a maternity leave next year.

4. All of the above make me feel so old and boring.

5. I impulse bought doughnuts last night for breakfast today and they were soooo good.

6. I haven't been on my BMB in at least a month.

7. Today is a perfect crisp fall day.

8. I'm hungry for anything and everything as long as it's bad for me.

9. DH asked the midwife teaching our centering class last week when the baby begins hearing so he can read it stories. I almost cried it was so sweet.

10. Dried apricots are delicious NOM!

• 1. The one day I don't bring my rain boots, umbrella or jacket to work...and it rains. It wasn't supposed to rain today. Yeesh.

2. My dad loves Bailey's [the liquor], so I'm going to get him a bottle for his birthday this weekend. I'm sure I'll get the side eye for buying liquor while I'm obviously pregnant, but whatever.

3. I finished everything I need to do at work already, and it's not even lunch time yet. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get through the afternoon without being thoroughly bored - but I shouldn't complain, because the last 8 weeks have been nutso. I'm glad it's finally slowed down.

4. One of my coworkers likes to come chat with me when it's obvious I'm working on something. That bugs the crap out of me - just wait until I'm done! I think he's catching the hint though, I hope.

5. I'm so happy the Red Sox won the World Series last night.

6. I want a caramel apple [i think i include at least one food-related thing in my list every week].

7. I plan to start listening to Christmas music tomorrow. Yes. I'm one of those people. But the decorations won't go up for another couple of weeks.

8. My in-laws and I don't get along, but H just texted and told me that my SIL bought a bunch of baby clothes for new baby. And my MIL plans on getting things for DS' birthday this year [for the first time like, ever]. I hope they really pull through and actually show an interest in our children, because they really haven't in the past.

9. The shirt I'm wearing today makes me look HUGE.

10. I just got my Blue and Gold sausage order in [not sure how many of you have that in your part of the world]. SO EXCITED.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • this is my first 10 things. i'm assuming i can talk about the first 10 things that come to my mind?! haha if not oh well, thats what i'm going to do.

1. we are having a halloween pot luck at work for lunch, that means like endless food.
    2. i ordered 2 pacifiers online for $25, in hindsight that was to expensive for two..oops
    3.i know thanksgiving is next, but in my mind we skip over it and go straight to christmas, so i am ready to decorate
    4. i'm planning my black friday shopping already, seeing as this child wakes me up at 4AM everyday, it shouldn't be a problem.
    5. my head constantly hurts, one part of pregnancy i could do without.
    6. i'm ready to start my maternity leave now. these 8 hour days nearly kill me everyday.
    7. we finally settled on a name, and it terrifies me. because it makes it more real!
    8. i'm so self conscious about getting a bump. i know its beautiful because its a baby, but its just the idea of gaining the weight, not being able to see my feet, etc.
    9. i feel like i'm a terrible mother already because this kid causes me to not be hungry during the day then stuff my face at night..even though its probably great because she's getting all the calories at that time.
    10. i wanted to cry the other day, because my nesting bug was so bad and i  wanted to clean but i was so tired after work that all i did was sleep...this has never happened to me before, wanting to clean!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1.  The weather is super cruddy outside just like predicted.

2.  I'm secretly glad Trick or Treating got pushed to tomorrow because tomorrow is DH's birthday and we won't be home so I don't have to pass out candy.  I find it annoying.

3. My dog is growling in his sleep right now.  It's cracking me up.

4.  A year ago DH and I were on a cruise and sailing from Italy to Croatia.  He'd never been a cruise before.  I told him he'd hardly ever feel the ship moving.  I was wrong.  We sailed through 30 ft swells. 

5. My boss finally decided that yesterday as a good day to freak out about me being on leave.  I've been reminding her for months.

6. All I want to do right now is sleep.

7. I can't believe in 2 weeks or less we'll have a baby again.

8.  I'm so tired of having GD.  I've been keeping a list of things I want to eat once I can again.  the list grows almost every day.

9. I wish the weekend would get here and then just stay the weekend for a while.  I'm tired of working.

10.  My dog has been pissed at me for 2 days now.  I have no idea what I did that made him mad.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• @ljbreck - donuts sound amazing right now! They are my favorite type of pastry. Your DH sounds so sweet. I teared up at that part. 

@OSUWifey09- I'm glad work has finally slowed down. Also, what is blue and gold sausage?

@amymheidecker- welcome to TTT! And yes, you got the idea of it down pat! Can you share your baby name or is it a secret until baby arrives? Also, enjoy watching your belly grow and blossom. My first two pregnancies all I did was worry and fret about "being" fat and all the things I could no longer do. Now, I enjoy watching my belly grow and change and am looking forward to not being able to see my feet! Cleaning can always wait too, but I'm sorry it made you feel sad.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @maydaygirl590 we have decided on Mia as her first name. now, middle name not so much. i like Mia Hope, my hubs likes Mia Faith or Kate. they all are pretty in my opinion, i guess we will have to wait until we deliver!
    and i chalk getting sad about cleaning up to pregnancy hormones...because that is the only thing that makes since! haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. It's raining today. I wish it would snow instead. I love winter!

2. 15 weeks today and Pgal brain is in overdrive! Have felt the baby move on and off for the past week and a half or so, but now nothing for a few days. I keep trying to tell myself everything's alright, especially since I'm way past my loss milestone now.

3. Thought my MW appointment was 11/2, checked the calendar and realized it's 11/5 instead. 
    :( I dislike the idea of waiting longer to make sure baby's ok.

4. I need to think of something for dinner tonight.

5. I also need to go wash laundry.

6. I don't feel like doing #5, so I'll probably go lay on the couch and rest instead.

7. I'm really tired.

8. I wish DD and DS took more naps.

9. DD hasn't taken a nap since she was 14 months and DS only takes one nap a day. 

10. I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow, hence why I'm not sure what to make for dinner! We have virtually no food in the house. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @fluttergirlmoonchild79- Aahh! So close. Looking forward to seeing a birth announcement from you in a couple of weeks! I also hope you get to eat EVERYTHING on your list afterwards!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my first time playing, hopefully I'll do it right.
    1. I announced today to my work. It was nice to be public and also to get people's positive reactions. 

2. I also spoke with the head of my division about my leave and my plans, and it will be pretty simple to go down to part-time when I come back. 

3. For the first time ever, we carved a Halloween pumpkin, in an effort to try to get more trick-or-treaters.

4. I love being pregnant on Halloween, b/c my sweet tooth is out of control.

5. Flip-side of that is that I've already gained a lot of weight and need to slow down the sweets!

6. We have a really busy weekend ahead, which I'm bummed about, except I'll be able to tell more people in person about the pregnancy.

7. I had my 12-week appt. yesterday and it went really well. So relieved to hear the HB right away.

8. I'm counting down the days to our babymoon in December. We're going to Grand Cayman! I haven't been out of the country since 2000 and have really never taken a proper beach vacation.

9. I have to go to a meeting a few blocks from my building and am dreading walking outside in the drizzly cold weather.

10. I can't decide if this winter will be soooo long because I'm due in May, or will pass more quickly because I'll have lots of distractions like baby shopping.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @delatl- Welcome to TTT! I'm glad announcing to work went well. I have to say I'm jealous about your babymoon, lol. I want to go on a babymoon. DH and I are contemplating going on one in January. Hopefully, it's not too rainy to walk to your meeting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @maydaygirl590 we have decided on Mia as her first name. now, middle name not so much. i like Mia Hope, my hubs likes Mia Faith or Kate. they all are pretty in my opinion, i guess we will have to wait until we deliver!
    Our baby girl's name is Mia, too [no middle name yet, but it will be something Hawaiian to match my middle name] - nice choice. :)
    ________________________________________________________________________________

• 7. I can't believe in 2 weeks or less we'll have a baby again.
    EEK! So close!

• 3. Thought my MW appointment was 11/2, checked the calendar and realized it's 11/5 instead. 
    :( I dislike the idea of waiting longer to make sure baby's ok.

9. DD hasn't taken a nap since she was 14 months and DS only takes one nap a day. 

I see my regular OB every four weeks but have waited TEN weeks to see my MFM again. I thought my appointment was this past Monday, but nope - it's this upcoming Monday [the 4th]. The wait is so hard!

DS quit taking naps before he turned 2. I couldn't believe he'd given up naps that early!

• OSUWifey09OSUWifey09 member
    edited October 2013
    maydaygirl590 said:

@OSUWifey09- I'm glad work has finally slowed down. Also, what is blue and gold sausage?
    It's Oklahoma deliciousness. :P The company, Blue and Gold, makes breakfast sausage patties, bacon and chicken tenders as fundraiser items for area schools. I LOVE the sausage and love that it's pretty much local, so I ordered some from a coworker whose grandson was selling it. I got a giant tube [40 oz.] of sausage for $6 and am now devising ways to use that sausage yumminess.

• maydaygirl590 said:

It's Oklahoma deliciousness. :P The company, Blue and Gold, makes breakfast sausage patties, bacon and chicken tenders as fundraiser items for area schools. I LOVE the sausage and love that it's pretty much local, so I ordered some from a coworker whose grandson was selling it. I got a giant tube [40 oz.] of sausage for $6 and am now devising ways to use that sausage yumminess.
    That does sound delicious. Enjoy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. I'm so waiting to hear back from the insurance lady to find out if I'm covered for a home birth.  I'm so exicted and antsy b/c I kinda need to know NOW.  DH doesn't wanna commit to it unless we know for sure it will be covered.  I'm 31wks!  Yikes!

2. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone.  It blows my mind that I'm pretty much in the last stretch.

3. I am definitely feeling tired a whole lot more.  It's hindering me from doing all my projects.

4. My aunt and uncle surpised us early with our first baby shower gift, the car seat we wanted.  So exciting!

5. I'm excited for free food tonight at the church "harvest festival."  And fun old school carnival games.

6. I just had a thought 3 hours ago that we should dress up!  So, I got my DH in on it.  He will dress up as Charlie Brown and I (my belly) will be Snoopy.  Quick, easy and cheap costumes!

7. It's supposed to be cooler tonight, like low 70's.  I sure hope so and no mosquitoes I pray.  They love me for some reason.

8. I can't wait to see our dogs with the baby.  They are gonna be too cute.

9. Our younger dog "Mack" (blue one) is such a cuddler and lover that we'll need to make sure we don't neglect him.  He sleeps with us every night.  That was all DH from the first night we brought him home at 5 months old.

10. Re #9, I've already been blocking him out of the room some nights so it won't be a big deal when LO arrives.  She'll be in the bassinet in our room for the first few months.

We can't wait to meet you, our baby surfer GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
  • @jhs121- I hope you are covered for a homebirth! How exciting. Will your midwife work out a payment plan with you in the event you aren't covered? Free food is always a good thing in my book and mosquitoes love pregnant women! I hope there aren't any for your sake.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @maydaygirl590 Meeee too!  I'm planning to do a water birth.  She will do a payment plan but said that she usually requires you to be paid up by week 36.  We just met with her a couple of weeks ago and that's not a lot of time.  I'm told that insurance must cover it by the FL statute so I'm confident but I hate this wait game.

Mosquitoes hound me even when I'm not pregnant!  My skin is sensitive and bug spray burns me so I can't even use it.  I tried using a homemade spray with oils but they still bite me. :(

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
  • edited October 2013
    jhs121 said:

@maydaygirl590 Meeee too!  I'm planning to do a water birth.  She will do a payment plan but said that she usually requires you to be paid up by week 36.  We just met with her a couple of weeks ago and that's not a lot of time.  I'm told that insurance must cover it by the FL statute so I'm confident but I hate this wait game.

Mosquitoes hound me even when I'm not pregnant!  My skin is sensitive and bug spray burns me so I can't even use it.  I tried using a homemade spray with oils but they still bite me. :(

@jhs121 - Have you tried citronella essential oil? Or lemongrass essential oil? My mom uses those and they seem to work fairly well. Also, I don't know if they still do, but Burt's Bees used to make a good bug spray. 

Ahh.... Here it is....

Forgot to add: I'm planning on doing a water birth this time around as well. So, so excited for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @maydaygirl590 I will check out those bug buster options!  Thanks!  Excited for you too about the water birth!  It gives me so much peace.  I just can't wait!  :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
  • @sunshine6888- Yay for a good appointment! That outfit sounds so cute and I'm curious to see a pic. of the nursery and also a pic. of your puppy dressed up as bunny! 
    I hope we get trick or treaters because we bought a ton of candy and I don't want it around the house.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • First time post about ten things, but I've been on this board before.

1. Tomorrow is November 1st- I can finally start planning Thanksgiving dinner!

2. I'm now depressed because I won't be able to travel and see my family.... so I'm just cooking for 2.5 people :( 

3. I'm neurotic when it comes to Thanksgiving (can you tell I've already forgotten about Hallo-what?)- I make everything (pie crusts etc) completely from scratch. It's a point of pride.

4. I just started packing my hospital bag- I want it done by the time I'm 35 weeks.

5. I LOVE the going home outfit I have for my daughter. I got it at a consignment sale, but it's basically new and is just little purple pants, jacket, and a long sleeve onesie with elephants on it SQUEE!

6. I've gained about 30 pounds and still have 10 weeks to go... and I couldn't care less. 

7. We still haven't bought a car seat yet.

8. A small part of me still feels like something is going to go wrong so I shouldn't buy too many things for baby.

9. This whole peeing in a cup at every appointment is becoming increasingly more difficult.

10. My husband picked the names for both of our daughters.... I'm a little put out about this now.

baby development

• @Siblynika- Welcome to TTT! Sorry this is a little late. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I can't wait! What name do you guys have picked out for your baby? Or is it a secret?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @maydaygirl590- Don't you hate how everyone skips over it? It's a holiday based solely around eating and being happy for what you have.... right before some awesome sales that people get trampled during...

And her name is Nova Rose- DH picked Nova and Rose is after my great aunt as well as my older sister.

baby development

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"