July 2013 Moms
Options

I need a drink...or five

alamie717alamie717 member
edited October 2013 in July 2013 Moms
And I don't even drink. But I'm so tired. I'm just.so.tired. I am never NOT tired. Not often, but sometimes, I feel like I just can't do this. It's like having a 19 hour a day job that comes with no breaks or days off. I just feel burnt the fluck out. I am grateful that I get to be a SAHM, I truly am. I don't know how I would do this AND work outside the home. Huge props to you ladies that do. I honestly don't know how the heck you pull it off. But on the flip side, as much as I love my girl, she drives me insane. I don't mind that she needs me to hold her all the time, it's the not being able to sit down thing that is driving me up the gosh damn wall. She won't let me sit down. As long as I'm holding her and standing or walking, she's happy as a clam. The second my buttcheeks touch the sofa, she flips out. She won't even tolerate the rocking chair. Physically it's exhausting. Is this normal? Do your guys' babies do this, too?

I'm cranky. Always. My cat pisses me off now. I used to love him, now he just irritates the shiz out of me. My sex drive is zero. My social life is no more. I'm just feeling depressed :(

ETA: I'm a grammar nazi.

Re: I need a drink...or five

• Options
    My DD pulls this sometimes too. Have you tried baby wearing? Maybe you already are, but it helps us get stuff done during the day.

Hang in there and repeat this mantra:
    This too shall pass.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    elyse05elyse05 member
    edited October 2013

Just because you're a SAHM doesn't mean you don't deserve a break. Surely someone can give you a break? You need it! I also suggests baby wearing. If wearing isn't working, maybe try a different carrier/wrap.

edit: my grammar sucks today

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ty used to be like that every single day. He is getting better though. Now I can distract him with toys so I can sit with him. He also likes the jumperoo so I sit on the floor beside him and fold laundry. He hates the swing and bouncy seat. So far today he has been exceptionally clingy! Maybe it's a Halloween thing! Lol
    Oh and I have a bag of milk thawing because I have a feeling I will need alcohol later! Hang in there mama. There will be a day our babies won't let us hold them!
  • Options
    Mine too. Fussy all yesterday, last night and so far today. Given him Tylenol and he just wants to fuss and sleep. No eating or using the bathroom.
  • Options
    My DS goes through phases. And there are some days he needs to be held more than others. Do you have an exercise ball? That thing has been a life saver for both kids. Usually puts them to sleep pretty quick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    Thank you ladies :) I do wear her, but it unfortunately doesn't help with sitting down. Both our parents live far, so they can t help. SO helps, but he doesn't seem to have the patience when S gets fussy :( 
  • Options
    So sorry you are feeling down! :( it is so hard. Just remember that it will continue to get easier! That's what keeps me going :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    So sorry you are feeling down! :( it is so hard. Just remember that it will continue to get easier! That's what keeps me going :)
    Thanks lady :) I try to keep that in mind.
  • Options
    I'm sorry! Been there with DS and it truly does suck. He recently started letting me put him down for naps or to play on his kick and play piano mat, so the only solace is the old "this too shall pass".... Hope she moves thru the phase soon for you.
  • Options
    I'm not a SAHM but I think you do deserve a break. The 8 weeks I was home with P were some of the hardest weeks of my life, so I give mad props to sahm's. I don't have any advice on not being able to sit down, but it will get better!
    This. The 12 weeks of my maternity leave were the hardest weeks I've had. I've never worked so hard or have ever been so exhausted in my whole life. And LO was nowhere near in wanting to be held as much as yours sounds. I hope you get a break soon! Anytime I was having an exceptionally rough day, I forced myself to keep in mind that LO will only be this small for a short amount of time and that this is just a season that will pass. You're doing a great job!
  • Options
    Sorry you're going through this. It sounds rough. Is there any way you could get a sitter/friemd/neighbor to watch your LO for a few hours so you can get some free time? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    alamie717 said:

And I don't even drink. But I'm so tired. I'm just.so.tired. I am never NOT tired. Not often, but sometimes, I feel like I just can't do this. It's like having a 19 hour a day job that comes with no breaks or days off. I just feel burnt the fluck out. I am grateful that I get to be a SAHM, I truly am. I don't know how I would do this AND work outside the home. Huge props to you ladies that do. I honestly don't know how the heck you pull it off. But on the flip side, as much as I love my girl, she drives me insane. I don't mind that she needs me to hold her all the time, it's the not being able to sit down thing that is driving me up the gosh damn wall. She won't let me sit down. As long as I'm holding her and standing or walking, she's happy as a clam. The second my buttcheeks touch the sofa, she flips out. She won't even tolerate the rocking chair. Physically it's exhausting. Is this normal? Do your guys' babies do this, too?

I'm cranky. Always. My cat pisses me off now. I used to love him, now he just irritates the shiz out of me. My sex drive is zero. My social life is no more. I'm just feeling depressed :(

ETA: I'm a grammar nazi.

Can you lay LO on an activity mat and lay on the floor beside her? Maybe close your eyes while she's playing?

Hope you can get some rest. And yes, it's physically exhausting and very normal. :)

I keep remind myself that she doesn't understand why everything changed from the womb conditions. It suddenly got cold, bright, big, quiet, scary and now she has a horrible hungry gas monster in her tummy that she doesn't understand either. Being near mommy gives her comfort in this big scary world where she almost always feels like she's falling. She will get calmer, more trusting, happier and more relaxed as she gets older.

If you are stressed out, it can scare baby and keep her from relaxing, so as hard as it is, I sometimes have to force myself to stay calm. Slow deep yoga breaths usually help calm both of us.

Hang in there, mama.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"