March 2014 Moms

twin momma's - U/S's, NSTs and cervical checks some questions answered.

Hi Ladies,
I asked a bunch of questions at my appt. today and I thought I would share what my doctor told me and what my schedule will look like.

Today (22 weeks) - repeat AS (couldn't get all pics first time)
                            -first cervical check via vaginal US

26 weeks - routine US with vaginal cervical check
                 glucose test

30 weeks - routine US with vaginal cervical check

32 weeks - routine US with vaginal cervical check
will go in 1 or 2 x/week from 32 weeks out for U/S...doctor said they prefer the US to a NST for twins.

I"m a little surprised that i'm going so long with visits only every 4 weeks, but I have no issues with cervix or growth and the twins are di/di.

Doctor also said "if we can get you 6 more weeks, we'll be good. Babies born at 28 weeks do surprisingly well." WTF????? there is no reason to think that I'll go that early, but why bring it up????

Also, babies are doing really well. Baby A weighs 1 lb 1 oz with HR 140 bpm and B is 1 lb even with 150 bpm. Cervix is 4.2!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
>Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: twin momma's - U/S's, NSTs and cervical checks some questions answered.

• Thanks for sharing! Glad your LOs are doing great! It does seem a little odd that your doc mentioned your babies being here so soon :-/
  • Glad to hear everything looks good! The babies are getting big!

My twins are di/di, cervix is 4+, and pretty much on the same schedule. I will have a growth scan every 4 weeks which may go to every 2 weeks at 32w. My MFM is choosing the NSTs 2x/wk, but I think they do a biophysical profile if they struggle to get the readings they want.

Things doctors say sometimes...
    I think most are trying to be comforting but it really doesn't come out that way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • FWIW, my Dr mentioned this to me at my 10w appointment.  I think the rate for pre-term delivery is so high that they just want to put your mind at ease IF it does happen.
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • ntdane said:
    Glad to hear everything looks good! The babies are getting big! My twins are di/di, cervix is 4+, and pretty much on the same schedule. I will have a growth scan every 4 weeks which may go to every 2 weeks at 32w. My MFM is choosing the NSTs 2x/wk, but I think they do a biophysical profile if they struggle to get the readings they want. Things doctors say sometimes... I think most are trying to be comforting but it really doesn't come out that way.
    is this different from a regular US? this is what he was saying that they would do instead of an NST.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• ntdane said:

Glad to hear everything looks good! The babies are getting big!

My twins are di/di, cervix is 4+, and pretty much on the same schedule. I will have a growth scan every 4 weeks which may go to every 2 weeks at 32w. My MFM is choosing the NSTs 2x/wk, but I think they do a biophysical profile if they struggle to get the readings they want.

Things doctors say sometimes...
    I think most are trying to be comforting but it really doesn't come out that way.

is this different from a regular US? this is what he was saying that they would do instead of an NST.

I think it's pretty similar, but I didn't get that far in my questioning. I'm a plan for the worst/hope for the best type so I've been pretty busy trying to get all my "plans" in place for different scenarios. I don't think my OB is used to someone asking so many questions :).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nblondheimnblondheim member
    edited October 2013
    Hi Ladies,
    I asked a bunch of questions at my appt. today and I thought I would share what my doctor told me and what my schedule will look like.

Today (22 weeks) - repeat AS (couldn't get all pics first time)
                                -first cervical check via vaginal US

26 weeks - routine US with vaginal cervical check
                     glucose test

30 weeks - routine US with vaginal cervical check

32 weeks - routine US with vaginal cervical check
    will go in 1 or 2 x/week from 32 weeks out for U/S...doctor said they prefer the US to a NST for twins.

I"m a little surprised that i'm going so long with visits only every 4 weeks, but I have no issues with cervix or growth and the twins are di/di.

Doctor also said "if we can get you 6 more weeks, we'll be good. Babies born at 28 weeks do surprisingly well." WTF????? there is no reason to think that I'll go that early, but why bring it up????

Also, babies are doing really well. Baby A weighs 1 lb 1 oz with HR 140 bpm and B is 1 lb even with 150 bpm. Cervix is 4.2!!!

Thank you for sharing! I think I will be on close to the same schedule but they haven't said too much yet! I go back again on Monday and will be 22 weeks 1 day and I honestly can't wait! I love to see my babies and get the reassurance that everything is fine!

I wish the visits were more like every 2 weeks from here on out so I could have peace of mind!

It's interesting your doctor said 28 weeks.... mine told me my goal was 32 weeks and anything after that was just a bonus! Even 32 weeks surprised me!

Congratulations on the babies being 1 pound or more and having a great cervical measurement!!!!

Edited: Spelling error

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"