June 2013 Moms

GTKY: Halloween edition

What are you afraid of?

What is your favorite costume you've ever worn?

Have you ever seen a ghost and/or paranormal activity?

What is your favorite horror movie?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary       

Re: GTKY: Halloween edition

• RissNRussRissNRuss member
    edited October 2013
    Afraid of fire and drowning.

I don't have a #1, but childhood I'd say a favorite was Christa from Fern Gully- my mom even let me dye my hair.

Teen years I was Buffy.... for several years

Recently (not including this year) I loved our Pirate costumes, and Barney and Bette Rubble!

Edited to finish:

Yes I think I have seen some strange activity

Only two movies scare me: It and Fear.

Also I can't watch Frozen (not the animated one) because I cannot handle the jump from the lift and wolves stuff.
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Definitely afraid if drowning!

One year my girlfriends and I dressed up as the Spice Girls - I was Posh Spice.

I've never seen anything ....

I hate anything to do with scary/horror films. Half the time I can't even watch the previews!
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • What are you afraid of? Drowning

What is your favorite costume you've ever worn? I don't remember the costumes I wore as a kid other than one year I was a cow and one year I was a witch. I haven't dressed up as an adult.

Have you ever seen a ghost and/or paranormal activity? I've seen a demonic presence.

None! I stopped watching years ago because I get too scared. Sixth sense was good though.

image image

• TheTamedShrewTheTamedShrew member
    edited October 2013
    I am terrified of tornadoes, spiders, and being home alone at night (huge wuss over here).

My favorite non-Halloween costume was my little soldier costume when I was in the Nutcracker at 8 years old.  It is how I realized my forever love for the stage.  My favorite childhood Halloween costume was Dorothy from Wizard of Oz when I was 12 (I got to wear mascara for the first time), and my favorite adult Halloween costume was when I went as Maya from Pulp Fiction two years ago. I even had a syringe stabbed in my chest.

I have never seen a ghost or any weirdness and yet I am still scared of the dark.

confession: I hate horror movies. I vowed never to watch them anymore after I came to terms with my complete cowardice and having to sleep with a light on for weeks every time I watched one.  I secretly want to watch "insidious" and "the conjuring" because it looks terrifying but I won't let myself. I watched paranormal activity 3 because I thought the first two were so dumb, and it scared the absolute hell out of me.

eta: I am also terrified of deep water. I will never go scuba diving. ever.
    Anniversary       

• I am terrified of things in the water....like not harmless little fishes. ..but every time I go swimming I think there is something below me that's going to eat me.

I went as Snow White when I was in preschool. I will admit I looked pretty darn adorable and I got so many compliments.

Yes, the house I grew up in (3-15 years old ) was haunted. I saw and heard a lot of things in that time frame...my mum experienced a lot more activity than my dad, brother and me though.

I don't like horror movies at all and I tend to avoid them.

imageimageimage

• What are you afraid of? Anything creepy and crawly... Spiders, centipedes, crabs (yes, crabs--but not those crabs)

What is your favorite costume you've ever worn?
    I once went as Aristotle, beard, toga and all.i p

Have you ever seen a ghost and/or paranormal activity?
    Hmmm... not really. But when life gets rough or a major milestone happens, I usually see a man that looks like my late grandfather, and he always looks right at me.

Paranormal Activity messed me up for weeks!
    imageimage

• What are you afraid of? - Spiders

What is your favorite costume you've ever worn? - My mom dressed me a Pebbles when I was 18 months. Don't remember it, but it was super cute.

Have you ever seen a ghost and/or paranormal activity? - Yep. I've seen paranormal activity. Haven't seen a ghost though.

What is your favorite horror movie? - Pandorum
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What are you afraid of?  I'm afraid of the unseen things that make my dogs growl when DH is out of town.

What is your favorite costume you've ever worn? I'm really quite proud of the Southern Belle costumes that my neighbor and I made one year.  We made hoop skirts out of hangers and bought second-hand prom dresses (that didn't fit properly because we were too little and flat-chested) to wear over them.  Definitely have the fondest memories of that one.

Have you ever seen a ghost and/or paranormal activity? Nope.

What is your favorite horror movie? I hate scary movies!  So I'm going to go with Shaun of the Dead instead.  Same general idea, right?  :-P
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • I am afraid of roaches and walking around in the dark

My favorite costume was from when I was 21 it was a slutty queen of hearts costume. I remember feeling so self conscious in it and now I look back and want to cry I looked good!

Yes I have seen paranormal activity but its a long story.

My favorite horror movie is scream! I don't watch them anymore

• What are you afraid of? Snakes - I can't even look at them on TV.

What is your favorite costume you've ever worn?  Probably ET

Have you ever seen a ghost and/or paranormal activity?  In my dreams, I swear my MIL has come and talked to me in my dreams.

What is your favorite horror movie?  I don't do horror movies I am too chicken

• Ticks. Dogs. Tornadoes.
    A mime!
    Nope.
    None, not a fan.
  • What are you afraid of? the Ocean/Gulf of Mexico - I went out on a boat like 5 miles off short into the Gulf and the silence was deafening. That and growing up in Florida I've almost died like 5 times.

What is your favorite costume you've ever worn? Growing up I was a picnic table once and a rubix cube. As an adult I loved a flapper outfit I wore a few years back, mostly because of the pink wig and fake eyelashes

Have you ever seen a ghost and/or paranormal activity? nope, don't believe in it

What is your favorite horror movie? This is a tough one, my favorite would have to be Darkness
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • What are you afraid of?  Any and all bugs.  They seriously make my skin crawl.  There was a spider that jumped like 2 feet in the air in R's room a few days ago.  I turned my back to grab him off the changer and that sucker disappeared.  I'm still shuddering...

What is your favorite costume you've ever worn?  I can't really remember  many of them, but I went as Snow White when I was like 4 or 5.  It's the first costume I can remember.  I had a black wig on for school, but it itched so much that my mom let me put black spray dye in my hair when we went ToTing that night.  I thought I was so cool.

Have you ever seen a ghost and/or paranormal activity? No, thank god.  I'd probably pee my pants. 

What is your favorite horror movie?  I used to be able to watch them all the time when I was young, but you couldn't pay me to sit through one now.  I turn off commercials for scary, creepy movies.  I know, I'm lame.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• I'm afraid of dying and airplanes

I don't really have a fav costume...I was a bag if jelly beans once. I made it myself

No ghost seeing here

Not really into scary movies....the last one I saw was Freddie vs Jason...I thought it was funny
  • What are you afraid of? Snakes.  I'm petrified of snakes.  I can't even look at a picture of them without freaking out.

What is your favorite costume you've ever worn? My mom made me an awesome princess costume when I was a kid.

Have you ever seen a ghost and/or paranormal activity? Nope but I believe in it.

What is your favorite horror movie?  Halloween.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I'm afraid of clowns. Not phobia afraid but would prefer to not see them, ever.

I was a carhop with my best friend in elementary school and we got to wear roller skates at school and trick or treating. She's still my best friend.

8 months pregnant I was visiting my parents by myself, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like something was pulling me off the end of the bed, It freaked me out and I almost went to wake up my mom like I was 7.

Favorite horror movie? The Strangers was really creepy.

• What are you afraid of? Drowning

What is your favorite costume you've ever worn? I don't remember the costumes I wore as a kid other than one year I was a cow and one year I was a witch. I haven't dressed up as an adult.

Have you ever seen a ghost and/or paranormal activity? I've seen a demonic presence.

None! I stopped watching years ago because I get too scared. Sixth sense was good though.

A demonic presence? Are you trying to give me nightmares?
    Anniversary       

• I am afraid of the dark- like seriously. I feel like a wimp admitting that at 31 years old.

My favorite Halloween costume was when I was in college and I went to a party as a Girl Scout. I even made a purse out of a thin mints box.

Never experienced paranormal activity.

I dislike all horror movies- mostly because I am a skiddish wimp.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"