Working Moms
Options

WWYD: Bottles

I'm freaking out a little about returning to work because BF'ing is going so well with DD. With DS by the time i returned to work I EP'ed and supplemented so it wasn't so complicated.

DD nurses great and doesn't love bottles. She will drink from one with some effort but doesn't latch well and doesn't take much. We have Medela bottles and nipples left from DS. I ordered the new Lansinoh bottle from Amazon last week to try out as well. I have left her with my SIL and our regular DCP a few times now for just a few hours each time. They both said she will drink from the Medela but latches better on the Lansinoh. I really don't want her to start to prefer bottles and have a problem with nursing. This happened to some extent with DS although there were probably other factors as well. It is a huge regret of mine that he stopped nursing and I never corrected it. I was so overwhelmed with his reflux, my c/s recovery, and going back to a stressful job at 8 weeks that I just switched to pumping when he went on a nursing strike.

Would you buy more Lansinoh bottles and just use those? Keep using Medela since she will probably get used to them and we have all we need already? I don't want to spend a lot of money if I'm just being paranoid but I have no problem buying them if it's the best thing to do for nursing.
DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13

Re: WWYD: Bottles

• Options
    If she does better with the Lansinoh bottles I would buy more of them.  Going back to work is tough.  If your DD prefers a certain bottle, I'd just go with it, it will make it easier on you both.  Don't worry, its unlikely that she will start to prefer the bottle over nursing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely get the bottles that your LO drinks best from.  If you're beyond the one month mark with your LO, it is probable that she won't have a problem going back and forth between bottle and breast.  You want to make sure that she gets enough milk when she is away from you at daycare. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! My instincts were telling me to buy them but I'm I'm the throes of back to work anxiety and don't trust myself right now!
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    Definitely buy more of the one she likes better. Make it as easy as possible for both of you.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"