July 2012 Moms
Options

Need J12 advice

So DH has an arrhythmia called atrial flutter. He's had it for a few years now but lately it's been happening more and more. Yesterday while I was at work and he was home alone with Mira it happened again and wasn't resolving on its own. He finally called me after he almost passed out. I brought him to urgent care where the EKG showed his heart rate was going up to 150 so they called an ambulance and rushed him to the ER. The ER gave him meds to stop it which worked but then started to wear off while we were being discharged so they gave him a script for the med. we got it filled and he's called the cardiologist to get an appointment.
Okay so my dilemma is that he is home with Mira everyday while I work 40 mins away. I wasn't comfortable leaving her alone with him or leaving him alone today so I called out of work. So j12 would you try to find a temporary daycare (would be really hard for us financially to do this. Might have to borrow money from parents or bank) or continue to leave Mira home with DH during the day and hope for the best. Also we only have one car and it's with me at work bc I go between schools. Also any positive thoughts for figuring out what's causing this and getting it fixed are appreciated. I'm tryin not to think about how much the whole ambulance and ER visit is going to be.
TIA for reading this long winded dilemma.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need J12 advice

• Options
    We left all our family behind when we moved to GA. The few friends we've made work during the day too. Also
    DH is big on not asking for help which is part of my concern bc he waited so long to call me yesterday. He's at increased risk for stroke and blood clots when he's having atrial flutter.

• Options
    How scary! So long as the meds work, I would keep her with him. I really hope they can find a solution for him.
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with ashleynaka.  If he takes the meds then I don't see a problem with him watching Mira.  I do think you need to find someone to help out just in case something does happens.  maybe a neighbor or a friend would be willing to help out if you needed it.  I hope that he feels better and the meds get things under control.  It is a very scary situation. I am sending positive T&P your way.
  • Options
    How scary. Sending my T&P to your DH - hope the doctors will find a solution. I agree with the pp that since he has a medications now it is ok to leave Mira with him.

• Options
    Thanks for all the responses. We've only met one neighbor and she's a teacher. I'm thinking I'll try to bring Mira for a walk tonight and see if we meet any nice neighbors who are home during the day.

• Options
    Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry y'all are having to deal with this! I really wish I was in a position to help.
    Fingers crossed that they find out what the deal is quickly!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"