Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Dirty lurker, former TTGPer coming out of hiding with an IUI question

Here's the deal. I have been TTC #2 for 18 months. One miscarriage and 2 IUI's later here I am.  I have mild PCOS (I ovulate regularly on my own) and have one tube due to a torsion prior to conceiving #1.

Both IUIs used 50mg Clomid and an Ovidrel trigger. DH's count was 40-110 million each time.  Both times my dominant follie was on the right ovary. IUI #1 had a smaller follie 14mm on the left and 22 on the right and IUI #2 had a 14mm follie on the left and 18mm and 23mm on the right.

I was less hopeful the first time with only one good follie and figured we'd cancel.  IUI #2 I was more hopeful with 2 good follies.

Both were a fail. I am having my WTH apt Monday but here are my thoughts.

We are going to take some time off and keep TTC on our own.  I am concerned RE will say IVF is the way and we aren't open to that right now. He is giving us 4-5IUIs to try first.

Weight is a concern of mine, ideally I could lose 40lbs and I know it would help but despite all I have tried while off the pill these last 4 years I can lose 10lbs. but thats it. So I was thinking of going to BCP in hopes of it helping me lose weight while I exercise and eat right. That helped me in the past.

Or keep trying and try to lose weight etc. on my own no BCP.

I am questioning RE because he allowed two cycles with my follies on the tubeless side and I am just no buying the egg can get to the other tube argument. Its been 18 mo of perfect ovulation and only one m/c (semi-success). Gah. Its so frustrating.

Is it time for a new RE? What to hear what he says?  I have been to 3 other RE's and liked this practice the best.

Gah..IF sucks and so does 2IF.

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                             50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                  100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
Took a LONG Break
Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG

Re: Dirty lurker, former TTGPer coming out of hiding with an IUI question

• Options
    Sorry :( I think it's very important to feel comfortable with your RE. If your feeling is that you shouldn't go on with him, then don't.

Why did yo like that practice best?
  • Options
    No advice, but Ill be sending hugs, thoughts and prayers your way.  

me 28-DH 30
    dated DH - 2001
    married DH- 4/4/2009
    off BC & TTC - March 2013 
    diagnosed with PCOS on July 29, 2013
    SA-  low sperm count, low motility, and forward progression 
    Medicated cycle #1 with 100mg clomid cycle (October 3)-  No ovulation or mature follies were present on U/S day 14. IUI was cancelled.
    BFP on 11/23/13!! Due date is July 20, 2014!
    Yeah! DH and I did it on our own without any treatments or procedures. We are excited about our miracle baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"