February 2013 Moms

rejecting sippy cup?

He was taking it and drinking water and out of no where he's started to push it away. I put a little formula in the cup and he drank it maybe for a minute. Then pushed it away. Anyone else? Suggestions? We were doing so good moving away from bottles. Maybe he's bored and I need a different style cup?
Married: August 2008
DS born: February 2013
TTC #2: Nov. 14
Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16

Re: rejecting sippy cup?

• I'm curious to hear responses, because we've tried several different cups, and DS has no interest in them. I've even tried giving it to him when I know he's hungry, in the hopes that he will give in and just use it. No dice. He gave up a pacifier on his own at around 10 weeks, and has not taken to any kind of lovey yet. So bottle breaking may be our habit of struggle.
  • You've described us exactly! Sorry no advice - but I can relate!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • It took until dd was almost 2 and about 19 different sippys to find one she liked. She too gave up her pacifier very early and never liked it much before. Bottle was a big comfort for her.
  • Apparently I'm the only thing DS3 wants.  He gave up the pacifier at 6 months, the bottle at 7.5 months and has never taken to a sippy.  I'm really missing the break I used to get before but now I'm on a short leash and can't be away for more than 3 hours.  I bought more sippy's today to try to see if there is anything he will take.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• the only sippy that DS1 would take was the NUK with the latex spout that's like a "learning sippy."  He wouldn't even take other cups with harder spouts for several months, probably close to 15 months or so I can't really remember. 

I've tried to give DS2 this same cup but he won't take it yet.  I'm going to keep trying though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"