Cyst and Bleeding? Should I worry? — The Bump
Trouble TTC

Cyst and Bleeding? Should I worry?

edited October 2013 in Trouble TTC
I've googled this and I'm probably not wording it right because I can't find anything. So, was hoping you superawesome intelligent helpful ladies could give me some answers.

BACKGROUND
I did my 3-7 days of Femara. AF was completely normal (4 days and actually less cramps) and everything felt fine. I went in for a CD7 ultrasound today and they discovered two 10mm follicles (normally I have more at this point) and a 21mm cyst. I asked if it was anything to worry about and ultrasound tech said no.

The nurse brought me back and told me they were going do three units of Repronex. It just felt like a bad idea so I asked her about the cyst and she said it was nothing to worry about because it looked like it was already ruptured or in the process of rupturing. Something just felt…off. So I told her we are just going to sit out this cycle out (which was going to be our last IUI cycle) and move on to RE and IVF. Truthfully, that was my initial gut reaction, so I'm kind of happy this happened.

DR ordered an estradiol test and I won't get the results back until tomorrow.

(sorry if this is TMI)
Got home still feeling fine. DH and I got intimate for the 2nd time after AF, but this was the first time I went. I went to the bathroom about an hour later and there was a decent amount of blood.

QUESTION
WTF caused this? Do you think it had anything to do with the cyst? Is this normal? Should I be worried?

OK I guess that was more than one question...

*UPDATED 10/31*
Apparently spotting can happen after you stop taking Femara. It's not common, but it does happen. So, I guess that answers my question. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!
image image
TTC since 2011
Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Cyst and Bleeding? Should I worry?

• I am so sorry... I had a ruptured cyst years ago and I was doubled over in pain but no blood.... Call your Dr just to be safe!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Thanks all for your advice. The weird thing (I think) is that I haven't hurt at all. It seems like everyone with a cyst has pain. I wonder why I've felt fine.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!
    image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards