October 2013 Moms
Options

Baby Wrap/Carrier Question

I didn't put too much thought into wraps/carriers nor purchase one because I never used on with DS1. I'm starting to think I should get one with this LO.  DH's mom gave me an Infantino carrier that I still have in the box because it looks uncomfortable for the baby and looks like it would be of better use for a bigger baby.  I also have some "Ultimate Wrap" thing still in the box from my grandmother.  It looks like it is an older model wrap.  Grandmother is queen of garage sales and thrift stores so that may be where she got it. 

Any experience with either of these?  I'm really thinking I'm just going to purchase one.  Any recommendations? 

Re: Baby Wrap/Carrier Question

• Options
    shelley1002shelley1002 member
    edited October 2013
    I had an infantino one with DS1 and hated it. It was uncomfortable, and DS1 never felt secure in it. It was also designed more like a bjorn than a ergo so not great for his hips. We only used it twice.

ETA: I ordered a Beco Gemini this time. It should arrive today and I am unreasonable excited about it and possibly using it tonight when we take DS1 ToTing for the first time.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kimbo1216kimbo1216 member
    edited October 2013
    If your infantino is a crotch dangler, then return to sender ASAP. Those are not good for extended wear at all. Bad for baby's hips.

Sorry. I don't know anything about the ultimate wrap.

I have a Balboa Baby ring sling I'm using right now. I had with DD1 and loved it. And it looks like I'm in love all over again.

I wanted something more hands free to have as well though. So I go an Ergo. I have only used it on DD1 so far in a back carry. But it made her 28 pounds feel like 5. It was great. Since I didn't get the infant insert, I will have to wait for DD2 to be 12 pounds before I can use it for her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I vote ergo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"