August 2013 Moms
Options

The WIO (Wait It Out) Method

https://nurshable.com/2012/07/19/the-wio-wait-it-out-method-of-sleep-training/

Hope this works! I have never tried making a link. I thought this was a good read! seems to be a lot of the cry it out and sleep training questions around here, maybe this will help!

Re: The WIO (Wait It Out) Method

• Options
    This is perfect! Most babies don't sleep (if yours does good for you) in the beginning, deal. 
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yep, this is perfect timing for me to read this. LO has been fighting sleep all day long, and I just got her down for the first nap today. Thanks for sharing!
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is great.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Beautiful and exactly what a lot of us needed today, I think.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing, that was beautiful. I know that all too soon I'll be looking back on these days of holding LO all day wishing she still wanted to be held so much so I really try to enjoy every second of it while it's happening.

• Options
    Just read this as Tyler nursed himself to sleep and almost cried. These are the moments I'll be cherishing long after he grows up. :)
  • Options
    This was needed after this last week. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Thank you for this. It was a nice reminder that everything will work out. She will only be this snugly for a very short period.
  • Options
    STOP.MAKING.ME.CRY!!!

*sniff* In all seriousness. That was lovely. I don't know how a mother can just leave her baby crying all night, there's a reason you feel wrong doing it.

• Options
    This could not have come at a better time! Today was really rough with LO. She refused to nap and because of that she has been screaming ALL day. The only time she's happy is when I'm holding her. Thank you for reminding me what being a mother means!!
  • Options
    Such a good read! Thank you for sharing this!
             image         image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    I needed this today. LO has been fighting sleep for 2 days now. This just made my heart smile. <3

• Options
    hstautz said:

It's nice to hear something reassuring. According yo everyone IRL, I have a spoiled baby who will always be dependent on me. I don't believe you can spoil a baby and she can forever depend on me. I'm her mother. I'm in this for life.

My grandmother is an old school lady from Alabama, I talked to her yesterday and I was of surprised at the advice she gave me. "Make sure you hold that baby and talk to him, show him love and affection and trust your heart and soul as to what he needs. Don't you dare let that baby cry it out." I was so surprised she felt that way one her age and two she's kind of a hard ass. Oh and that I needed to give him cereal lol I won't be taking that advice I think she used red cap milk and Kayro Syrup lol. But I think that's good advice there is no way you can spoil them right now an I would rather have a child spoiled with love over a child spoiled with material possessions anyways.
    My grandma is a hard ass New Yorker and told me to let dd CIO from birth! Apparently, she used to lock me in a room and walk away. This eventually "worked". I doubt it. I probably just exhausted myself screaming. I felt so bad for my infant self.

Oddly, my grandpa told me that babies normally cry because they need something, even if it's just to be held. When he was home, I wasn't allowed to CIO.

It's funny because they totally have opposite personalities and parenting styles, yet they've been married 50+ years.

• Options
    Loved this! Such a great read!

• Options

This could not have come at a better time! Today was really rough with LO. She refused to nap and because of that she has been screaming ALL day. The only time she's happy is when I'm holding her. Thank you for reminding me what being a mother means!!

Same here!!!
  • Options
    Tears!!! I absolutely love this!
  • Options
    So sweet! Thank you!
  • Options
    Love! I needed this reminder for my older two. They are 3 and 18 months. Sometimes it is hard to savor the fact that they want momma to snuggle for "just a little more".
    Tara
  • Options
    :) very good to hear!
  • Options
    Heart strings!!
    The Mrs.
  • Options
    Double love
  • Options
    I saved this to read this morning thanks @aachaha13 not only was this absolutely wonderful but I'm going to share it with my FI who believes a 3 month old needs to learn some independence. 
  • Options
    Love this! Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    Glad you all loved it!!!! :x

• Options
    Really enjoyed reading this. I have felt like I am doing something wrong because my son has had such a hard time going to sleep lately. He just fights it so much that it breaks my heart.

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"