January 2014 Moms

Your registry?

My shower is on Saturday and pretty much nothing has been bought off of it yet, im starting to get worried. Anyone have experience with this? Do you think people will wait until the day before or the day of to buy off of it?

Re: Your registry?

• I would not stress. Some people do not buy off of registries, but prefer picking out their own gift. Also, many times people wait until last minute.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• I had a lot of last minute buys for my bridal registry so people still have plenty of time to shop before Saturday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Loading the player...
  • I had a lot of last min buyers as well. I stopped looking a few days b4 so I could b surprised at the shower.
  • People tend to shop last minute so I wouldn't worry. Also, a registry is basically just a wish list, so people don't have to buy from it.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• I know I'm guilty of waiting until the last minute to shop for a baby shower gifts in the past... Most people purchase gifts before the party! Don't stress!!!

Married 10-20-12 | First Baby Due 1-22-14 | Team PINK | Me (29) Hubby (33)

BabyFruit Ticker 

January 2014 | December Siggy Challenge | Favorite Christmas Movie: "It Nearly Wasn't Christmas"

• My first shower is next Saturday (Nov 9) and only 9 items have been purchased off Target and 10 of BRU. And there's 40 people coming to the shower.

I'm not too concerned. I know a lot of DH's family likes to buy things not on the registry because they "want it to be a surprise." (I don't know what it is about them and surprises... *rolls eyes*)
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • Yea, I'm guilty of waiting until the last minute to buy gifts for showers. Typically during my lunch break the Friday before if it's a Saturday shower or sometime Saturday if it's a Sunday shower.

Personal best was actually for my cousin's shower ... we got her gift like a week in advance. I have never done that before and probably will never again, lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • I'm one of those sorry losers that buys off the registry but forgets to have it taken off. And yes, I'll buy it on the way there, buy the gift bag and everything.
    L-) :\"> :-$
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Mine was the same way. Turned out people looked at my registry and bought the same things, just elsewhere. I also had prob 10 things bought off of my registry day of. Don't stress!
  • I keep checking mine too. My shower is Nov 16th and I do everything last minute but just want to remind everyone it is Amazon so it takes time to ship. It is taking everything not to order everything myself!

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Last minute shoppers plus lots of gift cards. That's my input.
  • I had my first shower last Sunday and most things were not bought until a couple hours before!  Most of the people just went and bought what they wanted....we got a TON of clothes and blankets....I was very happy that they mostly stuck with the theme.  I have another shower on Sunday and I have been checking this one a lot less just because I realize people wont be shopping till the day of and most likely not buying from my registry.  I have already returned all my doubles and will just be saving up the gift cards to go buy whatever didn't get purchased in the end. 
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • I had exactly 4 gifts come off my registry of about 65 items. Everybody else did their own thing. You can't control what people buy you, and having a registry doesn't mean people have to follow it. Do I wish I would have gotten more from the registry? Yes because those are the items I researched and wanted. At the end oftthe day though, I liked everything we did receive and was thankful for it.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"