Cloth Diapering

~~~UO~~~

Don't bottle up those unpopular opinions.  Let them free!

Re: ~~~UO~~~

• Here's a Halloween themed one: Raisinets are the worst excuse for candy ever.  Why do people even give these out?
  • Also, I will only eat a Kit Kat or a Milk Dud out of desperation.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love kit kats! It's one of the few candy bars I will eat. Except for PP apparently. All bets are off right now, last night I had a snickers and a payday.
    Obviously you have excellent taste PP.  Candy that contains peanuts is the best.
    /gavel
  • Also, I will only eat a Kit Kat or a Milk Dud out of desperation.
    i thought i liked you!!!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mandmeesh said:
    Also, I will only eat a Kit Kat or a Milk Dud out of desperation.
    Wow. Shiz is getting real between us lately.  We might have to reevaluate our relationship ;)

• Mandmeesh said:
    Also, I will only eat a Kit Kat or a Milk Dud out of desperation.
    Wow. Shiz is getting real between us lately.  We might have to reevaluate our relationship ;)
    well, actually, if we both like different candy, then that just means we each get our own box ;)  not bad at all

• @Mandmeesh I like the way you think.
  • I'm feeling guilty this morning that DS doesn't have a Halloween costume, but I think it would be kind of stupid for us to get/make one. I'm certainly not letting him have a bucket of candy, and my fat behind doesn't need it. I'm putting him in his skeleton sweatshirt to help me pass out candy this evening, but that's it.

• a skeleton sweatshirt is so cool.  we only have Halloween pj's and a pumpkin costume.  But our house gets no trick or treaters. which is so stupid

• MandmeeshMandmeesh member
    edited October 2013
    why can't I ever think of an UO?

ETA, I'm sure I have a million.  (like my ETA MK...no million posts.  well okay, just six. lol)

• I'm not normally a curser. I generally flinch when people get really cuss-happy. But after my Eddie Izzard kick on YouTube the other day, I think that the word f*ckall should be added to my everyday vocabulary. I think I would be a much more laid-back person.

• I'm feeling guilty this morning that DS doesn't have a Halloween costume, but I think it would be kind of stupid for us to get/make one. I'm certainly not letting him have a bucket of candy, and my fat behind doesn't need it. I'm putting him in his skeleton sweatshirt to help me pass out candy this evening, but that's it.
    My DS doesn't have a costume either.  We're not bringing him TOTing and we don't get any TOTers at our house, so it seems like a waste.  I think a skeleton sweatshirt is perfect.
  • @unaveragejane It seems so much classier with an English accent, right?
  • I can't stand when people call their parenting style "regular." Like, one poster used regular diapers, and last week someone else said, "Last time I did it the regular way (with disposables and formula)." It always puts me off and I have to consciously not be a regular bitch to them.
    LOL!
  • Don't worry ITK, I consider myself to be an irregular parent.
  • I hate TOTing at our house.  The base allows all their civilian employees to come on base with their kids for a safe place to TOT.  I'm cool with that but they all come to the officer side of housing because we supposedly give out better candy so there is seriously thousands of kids here between civilian and military. 

This year I bought 100 tootsie pops and I know we are going to run out in the first hour.  I just don't want to deal with all the kids.

Maybe this would have been better tomorrow as a FFC.
    I would turn the light off, watch a scary movie and eat all the tootsie pops myself.
  • I hate sewing blogs that gush about something being easy and hem free because "it's a knit, and knits don't fray." Leaving unfinished seams is lazy and looks horrible, and shouldn't be something that bloggers everywhere endorse.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I don't mind handing out candy, but I really kind of want to put an age limit on my TOTers. If you're old enough to shave or wear a bra, you're too old for me to give you free candy. Go rake my leaves, and then we'll talk.
    the bra-wearing might not be a fair judge of age.  I know some younger girls (7,8,9years old) who already wear a bra.  that's an okay age to TOT

• Okay, but if she bought her bra at Victoria's Secret, she's out.

• and now that I see how "simple" making diapers is, I think all commercially made dipes are ridiculously expensive.  

• Mandmeesh said:
    and now that I see how "simple" making diapers is, I think all commercially made dipes are ridiculously expensive.  
    I know, right?
  • chgibeau said:
    Halloween is awesome! and people who are annoyed by excited kids coming to their house for some free candy are missing the point of the holiday.  FREE CANDY! :) 

I WISH we had hundreds of TOTers.  Passing out free candy to make a bunch of kids happy is one of my favorite things.  

As I'm typing, that sounds pretty creepy.  But it's not like I pass it out from my van with no windows

I also think giving out candy is awesome. But it's probably b/c I missed out on the opportunity when I was a kid. I lived out in the country on a dead end road so we didn't get any TOTers. And now I live in a small subdivision in the middle of the country and IF we get TOTers, it's only two kids. boo. I want to hand out candy. >:) 8-X >-) :O) :-& 3:-O :@) ~:> *-:) :o3 :bz :ar! :(|) ~O)
    Hand out full sized bars!  We used to live in a place where we got only a few TOTers.  We handed out the full sized ones and it was so fun to see the look of excitement on their faces!  Plus, they definitely come back next year.
  • I hate sewing blogs that gush about something being easy and hem free because "it's a knit, and knits don't fray." Leaving unfinished seams is lazy and looks horrible, and shouldn't be something that bloggers everywhere endorse.
    see ITK, see the idiots we deal with with online bloggers trying to teach us how to sew diapers? That's why we need you 

Your hatred for these bloggers just builds our case stronger: ITK needs to post her tutorial

• MK, J looks soooo cute!  These are the pics that make me wish I dressed up DS.
  • I actually want to keep working all the way up till I deliver. It's not a great uo. Most of the pregnant ladies I know are not as close to being due as me, and can't wait to stop working. I'm also a little disappointed that my maternity leave will flow right into my studio's Christmas break. That means it will be even longer before I get to dance again. Don't get me wrong I'll love the time with my baby, but I stay at home during the day anyways. Teaching dance is my me time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • whoriest?  what did I do?!  @-)

and J is so cute! and so small

• I can't stand fruity, sugary candy.  Give me all of the chocolate candy instead.  As a kid, I'd give all my fruity candy to my sister after Halloween.  She loved it, but never gave me any in return.   :((
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • whoriest?  what did I do?!  @-)

and J is so cute! and so small
    You're dominating this thread! While teasing me, no less. He was 11 lbs 13 oz yesterday at 3 weeks :)
    Hey! I think I'm putting in a pretty good showing.
  • So I refuse to buy Halloween candy because I gave up HFCS... Which doesn't allow for any commercial candy. And I'm not about to buy even more expensive candy.

Plus last year we only got 1 TOTer... So it's unlikely we'll get any.
  • So I refuse to buy Halloween candy because I gave up HFCS... Which doesn't allow for any commercial candy. And I'm not about to buy even more expensive candy. Plus last year we only got 1 TOTer... So it's unlikely we'll get any.
    homemade buckeyes are HFCS free!

• Mandmeesh said:

So I refuse to buy Halloween candy because I gave up HFCS... Which doesn't allow for any commercial candy. And I'm not about to buy even more expensive candy.

Plus last year we only got 1 TOTer... So it's unlikely we'll get any.

homemade buckeyes are HFCS free!

Lol
  • @YellowLily2013 Homemade candy all the way!  Do choc chips usually have HFCS?  Because you can make X-mas crack so easily and I think it's HFCS free. Or you can make your own chocolate topping with cocoa powder, sugar and coconut oil.  
  • @stoneycakes wouldn't most parents just throw homemade candy away??
  • @YellowLily2013 Homemade candy all the way!  Do choc chips usually have HFCS?  Because you can make X-mas crack so easily and I think it's HFCS free. Or you can make your own chocolate topping with cocoa powder, sugar and coconut oil.  
    wait wait wait...Christmas crack?! elaborate, please!

• @stoneycakes it depends on what choco chips you buy... For HFCS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"