Breastfeeding
Options

Boob Snubbing, anyone else?

Hi there,

DS is 2 weeks today and we really hit the ground running with BFing. He latched great right away and was back up over his birth weight within a week of life. When my milk came in my left breast was significantly more engorged than my right. I contacted my LC and she suggested taking something for the pain, massaging downward while feeding, ice packs, and nipple softening. LO did have some difficulty latching when it was so full, but would still be able to latch and eat.

Well, over the past few days he has not been able to latch the left breast. He gets so angry and frustrated with it. He usually ends up feeding just off the right. I  called and ended up leaving a voice mail with my LC tonight, I am just hoping someone out there has been here and could offer advice or encouragement. I have continued to work at the latch and offer him the left at every feeding. I've, also, been hand pumping the left at each feeding to keep my supply up in the breast (only 1-2oz at a time, never emptying it) just hoping we could figure it out.

My poor right boob is not handling all the attention very well. =(

Re: Boob Snubbing, anyone else?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"