September 2013 Moms
Options

POed at dh's work

SweetPeaK26SweetPeaK26 member
edited October 2013 in September 2013 Moms
I'm so sick of the company he works for. It's a farm store chain that also has lumber and works with contractors. Dh worked at one of the stores since 2006, and ran the lumber department. Almost 2 years ago, they moved him to the corporate offices. Great. He was given 3 lumber department 's deliveries to manage from a central location. They gave his salary a hike, but took away comp time earning. Ok. Fine. Losing so much vacation sucked, but we're dealing with it ok.

Recently, he has been having to work 12+hour days to get everything done.

Someone mentioned to him that he was on a one man short list to run another company owned by the company that he works for. It would have been really awesome for us. But, the owners decided against it because no one else can do what he's currently doing, and they don't trust anyone else in the company to be able to. No joke, they were calling for help ALL DAY that I was in labor at the hospital, and he was still working when he could from our personal laptop.

Now, they are adding two more stores to him. No raise, no extra perks, just more work. I'm so mad! He also found out that the idiot who replaced him, at the store he was at, makes $10,000 more than dh does currently, yet this guy is STILL calling dh every day to ask how to do the job, and it's been almost 2 years! It's frustrating and demeaning to dh. It really has me hot.

I hate that he feels so used and worthless, but I also really hate that he's missing out on so much time with his newborn!
January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: POed at dh's work

• Options
    so, first, the immature side of me thought this was about your baby pooping at your H's office

I'm sorry to hear this - it really sucks. I'm assuming he asked for a raise and was shot down? How much has he advocated for himself? that's total bullshit
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options
    I can relate because my husband work at a company that he rarely get time off. My husband only took 2 days off when I had that baby and I was annoyed. The owner simply can't do without him which pisses me off.
    He is still at work , working beyond his regular working hours.
    Hope things get better; I am happy that my mom is here to help and support me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds like they would be lost without him which gives him leverage. He needs to talk to his manager and ask for more money. I am sorry. That really sucks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    He does bring things up whenever they ask him how things are going for him, but as they know he deserves more, they tend to avoid those discussions. Even if dh asks to talk to the owner (which is how high he is on the company, no more manager to even go to), the owner avoids him or makes sure all of their meetings are crammed full till the last minute. He has one 'boss' between himself and the owner, but that boss isn't in charge of financial decisions.

It's a weird situation. He's worked up the ladder very quickly, so he has gotten several decent raises over the years, but, they get less and less reflective of the work he's doing.
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"