July 2012 Moms

Holiday Outfits

How many are you buying? If you have more than one celebration to attend...like 3 Thanksgivings and 5 Christmas' spread out over several days, would you just buy one per holiday, or 2, or none because you hate holidays and think this is a stupid question?

I'm worried that I won't get a chance to do laundry when we get home in the evenings for the next day's festivities... So maybe two total and she can alternate between them for the holiday season?

Re: Holiday Outfits

• Well as it stands now, I have two on hold for me. We're having a fabulous sale at work and I can get $85 of festive holiday ensembles for $35. As more come in, I may add a 3rd simply because there are soo many events we're expected to attend.

And then there is the Christmas morning pajamas and clothing for the Christmas photos. Though I may be able to get away with stuff we already have for those.

Man alive.

• Loading the player...
  • I have 2 pairs of holiday pj's and am being given a holiday outfit from a friend. I will probably buy a cute holiday dress, there is one at Gymboree I have my eye on. But I at least need 2 because we have stuff Xmas Eve and Day...no way I'm doing laundry between then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My girls will have one for Christmas Eve and one for Christmas day. I saw cute Thanksgiving shirts that I will get them that they will wear for any turkey day get togethers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pinkangelmoonpinkangelmoon member
    edited October 2013
    Hmm...I don't think I'll be buying anything holiday specific. Except maybe a festive headband or two. The only one I've shopped for so far is the outfit for the Christmas card photos.  So they might wear the same one for Christmas eve dinner. (we only do one combined family christmas event) For thanksgiving they might just wear something cute they have that hasn't been worn yet.  And then I'll just buy christmas PJ's.  There's a few other events with friends but those will be very casual so they'll probably just wear something cute from their closet.
  • So here were the winners. I think I'll probably get her one more fancy dress for the Christmas Eve/Christmas Night situation and then use the purple for Thanksgiving and one of the Christmases.

And, I agree. The short sleeve/sleeveless dresses make me CRAZY.

• I like my daughter to look a certain way during the holidays, and since Christmas is my favorite time of the year she has one or two now, but I will get a few more for church, Christmas parties, etc. but just holidays in general sometimes I get carried away. Lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • hijoi said:
    One dressy outfit for Christmas for each of them and a few casual tops for each to wear throughout the month.

That's probably what I'll do too.  Haven't bought anything yet though.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"