August 2013 Moms
Options

Importance of proper fitting breastshields

LEMSALEMSA member
edited October 2013 in August 2013 Moms
I finally "got around" to buying different breast shields. Holy cow. Huge difference. I didn't think I needed them bc I pumped really well in the beginning. Ya, my nips were sore, yadda, yadda, yadda, but I thought that was bc I was BF too.

So we moved states after LO was 2 mo. I didn't pump bc I didn't have a place to store milk during the move. When I got back to pumping...nada. Dribbles. Fuck.

And my boobs and nips starting hurting again. I kept thinking the shields aren't right, but lazy me never did anything about it. Finally I upped a size to the large.

Call me Bessie the cow! Back to good pumping and no discomfort. I am so happy

Sorry so long. I'm sure by now you're all like...

Re: Importance of proper fitting breastshields

• Options
    NikkiD522NikkiD522 member
    edited October 2013
    What pump do you have? I keep thinking different flanges would help but my boobs aren't very big and the Ameda pump I have doesn't make it easy to get different sizes.

Glad to hear the change helped! I think I'm going to research a bit myself!

Update: this post motivated me to find diff size flanges.. They're on their way.. Thanks @lemsa !!!
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    Seriously thanks for this post. I'm back at work and pump three times a day. Sometimes I dread it because I'm so sore. I'll definetly be making that trip to change the sizes. Thanks for the kick in the butt. I'm glad the nip tips are feeling better!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a Medela electric double pump. For me they were at Wal Mart.
  • Options
    That's the pump I have. I know I need bigger ones, but I've been too lazy to go get them. My nipples always hurt while pumping, so I need to do that.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I got these ones 
    https://www.pumpinpal.com/
    Someone in another baby group I'm in recommended them. It comes with 3 sizes and they're angled so it doesn't scrape my skin either. They fact that they will refund you if they don't work out for you sealed the deal. I also realized that I needed a different size flange for each boob. Nothing like BF & pumping to make you realize how unsymmetrical your boob are.

ETA: I have the Ameda PY pump
  • Options

I got these ones 
    Someone in another baby group I'm in recommended them. It comes with 3 sizes and they're angled so it doesn't scrape my skin either. They fact that they will refund you if they don't work out for you sealed the deal. I also realized that I needed a different size flange for each boob. Nothing like BF & pumping to make you realize how unsymmetrical your boob are.

I swear by these! I tried every size medela had it it was still killing my nips. These are so much more comfortable!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just ordered my pumpin pal flanges! Thank you ladies!! @lilmissscareall @sparks4stp
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    Just FYI, it isn't how big your boobs are. It's how big your nipples are. My boobs are pretty large but I am in the smallest size flange
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got these ones 

I swear by these! I tried every size medela had it it was still killing my nips. These are so much more comfortable!!

Did it help your supply? Now that I'm back at work I swear my supply dropped and I'm not sure if its partly to do with the flanges.. or whatever they are called..

Also, does anyone else have to use a different size for each boob? .. or is that just me? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"