June 2013 Moms

Extra calories

We went to the dr today and Ella hasn't gained weight in two weeks so our dr is having us add 1 scoop of AR enfamil to her breast milk bottles while at the sitters but keep nursing at the breast while she's with me. I feel like such an awful mom. Has anyone else had to do this to add extra calories for their baby?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Extra calories

• Do not feel awful! I had to so the same thing.  The dr. wanted 6 extra onces a day.  I was a total mess the first week and was so upset about it.  I was trying to pump that extra 6 oz and just couldn't do it. Once I started to relax about it I was actually able to pump more.... You have and are continuing to nurse/give BM.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just went through that. I bf as much as I can and give him about three extra bottles of formula during the day. His weight check was today and he gained a pound in two weeks. Before this he had gained a pound in two months. It stressed me out at first, but he's been doing great with both bf and formula. You are definitely not an awful mom!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, had to start giving 2 bottles of formula because he hadn't gained any in 2 months. We go this morning for a weight check. We EBF.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"