March 2014 Moms

Another name post... Suggestions?

Hi ladies :)
DH and I have a 3 yr old DD, Cambria Elicia (eh-lee-cee-yah) and are expecting DD #2 in March and totally clueless on the name!

We were considering Lucy, but as cute as it is, it's losing it's luster for us. We'd like something unique and pretty but can't come up with anything! And of course basic searches for unique girl names come up with ones that are already over used.
Help?!

Re: Another name post... Suggestions?

• I like Mietta etta saskia and seraphina but they may not be ur style
  • Loading the player...
  • Moana (which means Ocean in Tahitian, Maori and Hawaiian) or Noelani means Heavenly Mist in Hawaiian. Not sure your style either but these might give you some ideas :)
  • Golferbee said:
    I like Mietta etta saskia and seraphina but they may not be ur style

Wtf?
    lol
    :-?

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• twilite28 said:
    Moana (which means Ocean in Tahitian, Maori and Hawaiian) or Noelani means Heavenly Mist in Hawaiian. Not sure your style either but these might give you some ideas :)

Seriously.... Where are these names coming from?! X_X

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie - (twJZ)

• What do you mean? I explained the origin. Can't you read?
  • I've never heard of Cambria how did you come across that one? I like it.
    My dd's name is Nayela, its a bit different. In the group with Nyla ans Nayeli. We are considering Selah and Sylas for this one.

I'm in the same boat as you im interested to find a good name picking place. Either the names are too common for me or too bizarre for my liking.
  • I've never heard of Cambria how did you come across that one? I like it. My dd's name is Nayela, its a bit different. In the group with Nyla ans Nayeli. We are considering Selah and Sylas for this one. I'm in the same boat as you im interested to find a good name picking place. Either the names are too common for me or too bizarre for my liking.

Ok, I'm not trying to be a meanie on this thread, but these names are throwing me for a freaking loop. Selah? Sounds slang for seller. "Hire me, I'm a good selah" Sylas is a littleeeee bit better, I'm assuming for a boy? You def. get unique points I guess.

• Very unique suggestions!
    Thanks for all the options.

I really like Seraphina, but don't care for shorter Sera.

Maybe Morrigan?

Cambria is was named after a metal band named Coheed and Cambria. We later found out Cambria is also a city in Italy and California (where there is a vineyard and we were lucly enough to have friends gift us a bottle) and a stone! lol
  • Golferbee said:

I dare you ladies to take these names to the name board and ask for opinions. ;)

Actually Mietta, Etta and saskia are all legit names and I have spent a bit of time on the name board and have NEVER had such a rude response as yours. Yes I like unusual names but I don't make them up out of nowhere.
    Didn't your mother teach u to value others opinions even if they're not the same as your own?
    I teach 3/4s and we would never allow them to speak to each other like that about their ideas.
    If u find it that amazing go google the names.
    Go get some sleep and wake up with your sociable panties on.
  • I like Seraphina, Morrigan and Selah. I actually know a Selah, and she's a delight.

One of our family names is Minerva (could be nn Minnie) - which could go with Cambria.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ndpoolendpoole member
    edited October 2013
    I like Selah (pronounced sea lah) and I love the meaning; to pause and reflect. Which some should do before they post... /:)

• Very unique suggestions! Thanks for all the options. I really like Seraphina, but don't care for shorter Sera. Maybe Morrigan? Cambria is was named after a metal band named Coheed and Cambria. We later found out Cambria is also a city in Italy and California (where there is a vineyard and we were lucly enough to have friends gift us a bottle) and a stone! lol
    It's also the make of my kitchen counters.  "Cambria" quartz - we have the "Praa Sands"color

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• I really love Poppy, but it's not working for us.
  • I think Lucy is lovely and the other names mentioned are NMS and way too out there for me, but hey when I was 13ish I just knew my future child's name would be Chance Marie... so there's a suggestion for you. Years later I fell in love with the name Steely Malloy...

I am just a simple Southern girl so names from Tahiti, etc are a little too much for me... I prefer classic, feminine names like Lilly or Abigail these days.

• I love Seraphina and I have a friend that has a DD Morrigan and she is the cutest, plus is the only time I've heard that name until now, so it is pretty unique.

If you really like Lucy, I know these are not the most unique but you can use it as a nickname for Luciana, Lucia or Lucianne.
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Eh, sorry. App I'm a super B at 2:30 am when I can't sleep.

• rubylovebugrubylovebug member
    edited October 2013
    @golferbee, I was with you the whole time, no apologies needed.  The snark was appreciated. ...  I have never heard of most of the names thrown out on this thread, & I would have been fine if I never had.  

More power to you if you like "unique" names, but you have to understand you're going to get a lot of sideeyes.

& @excitedmum35 - You originally wrote Mietta Etta Saskia, which when I read it read as one name & I had the same reaction of WTF?  Grammar makes all the difference.  But I do love the name Etta.

ETA: phrasing

September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image

• I know a great woman named Moana and although it's not my style, it would definitely fit for a Pisces baby!
  • @golferbee, I was with you the whole time, no apologies needed.  The snark was appreciated. ...  I have never heard of most of the names thrown out on this thread, & I would have been fine if I never had.  

More power to you if you like "unique" names, but you have to understand you're going to get a lot of sideeyes.

& @excitedmum35 - You originally wrote Mietta Etta Saskia, which when I read it read as one name & I had the same reaction of WTF?  Grammar makes all the difference.  But I do love the name Etta.

ETA: phrasing

This!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yes I left out commas. I'm a teacher so I'm aware that punctuation makes a difference. I still don't think that such a rude response was needed. If "snark" means putting other's opinions down for fun then count me out!
    It wasn't only my opinion that was made fun of either.
  • Golferbee said:
    I've never heard of Cambria how did you come across that one? I like it. My dd's name is Nayela, its a bit different. In the group with Nyla ans Nayeli. We are considering Selah and Sylas for this one. I'm in the same boat as you im interested to find a good name picking place. Either the names are too common for me or too bizarre for my liking.

Ok, I'm not trying to be a meanie on this thread, but these names are throwing me for a freaking loop. Selah? Sounds slang for seller. "Hire me, I'm a good selah" Sylas is a littleeeee bit better, I'm assuming for a boy? You def. get unique points I guess.
    Seraphina and Silas are both more common names - I'm not sure where the disconnect is with those - the others are more unique - but the original poster's current name is also unique.
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • I didn't realize there was a name board, how neat!

People already give my family and I the sideways "whaaaat?" look, so we're used to it lol. I don't really care what people think. In all honesty I'd love to name our next DD after Marilyn Manson, just not too crazy about the name Marilyn.
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited October 2013
    @lobsterwife09 - I strongly suggest you stay away from the name board - they are brutal...and by brutal, I mean out to get blood ...

FWIW I LOVE the name Brielle (Bree-ell) - it's my nieces name and I absolutely love it.
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • It seems people are going to be rude anywhere lol. We're all hormonal and usually hungry/ tired/ bored/ or just trolling lol.

Brielle is really cute!
  • Oh, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and if I wasn't expecting honest opinions (good or bad) I wouldn't go public. I love to hear diverse opinions. Yes some suggestions are far too unique, even for me lol. I truly want everyone's opinion.

Thinking about Whilemina now :)
  • Not gonna lie - as a teacher I judge parents for made up names.  You are ASKING to give your child problem for the rest of his/her life.  And honestly?  I feel bad for the kids.

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What if you named her lizzzie hale after halestorm band?? 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mcsweets said:

@lobsterwife09 - I strongly suggest you stay away from the name board - they are brutal...and by brutal, I mean out to get blood ...

FWIW I LOVE the name Brielle (Bree-ell) - it's my nieces name and I absolutely love it.

Love it too!!!! We had one girl name picked out: Brielle Marie however, that won't work for our little guy ;)

• My BFF was gonna name her baby Brynn (Brin) if it was a girl, she had a boy. But I always thought it was pretty and unique.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"