October 2012 Moms
Options

Now For Something Completely Different

Sillygirl85Sillygirl85 member
edited October 2013 in October 2012 Moms
But not really...
Daycare has been going through 120 wipes every five days. I can't believe this is right, but I use cloth wipes at home, so I really don't know. Help me out how long do 120 wipes last you?

Now For Something Completely Different 39 votes

5 days
2% 1 vote
7 days
12% 5 votes
10 days
23% 9 votes
13 days
10% 4 votes
15 days
23% 9 votes
18 days
12% 5 votes
SS
15% 6 votes

Re: Now For Something Completely Different

• Options
    Starry AgainStarry Again member
    edited October 2013
    EDITED: My original info here was wrong

We use Pampers Sensitive wipes. It looks like the refills are 64 wipes each. 

My daycare lady uses a pack around every 10 days I think. DD normally poops twice at daycare and she often has mudlike poop that takes 3-4 wipes to deal with.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    that seems like a lot! thats 24 wipes a day, and he's not even there all day? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mbm1983 said:

Omg i have no idea. I dont wipe with every pee diaper. But sometimes if she pooped its like a 10 wipee job.

We buy wipes by the case. Its prob been a couple months since we bought any.

This is us exactly. Wipes seem to last a good while here
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I purchase the huggies wipes by the case from sams club. I usually send a pack to daycare about every three weeks and that is two refills for his wipe container. That seems like an awful lot of wipes for five days though

• Options
    Dang, that seems like a lot! Do they use wipes to clean her up after meals and snacks too? I suppose that could be possible if they use them for meal clean up in addition to diaper clean up, but geesh!

• Options
    I purchase the huggies wipes by the case from sams club. I usually send a pack to daycare about every three weeks and that is two refills for his wipe container. That seems like an awful lot of wipes for five days though
    That's what I thought. When she told me he needed new wipes I flipped through his book, found the last time they had requested wipes and then went to the next day and counted forward to today. Then I told her that I had brought in wipes five days ago. I don't want to buy any when I am getting a case from Amazon on the 6th.
  • Options
    Another person here who has yet to buy any wipes. We do cloth wipes at home and I SAH with DS. We use disposable wipes when we travel or when out and about (for poop only) but I needn't buy any yet because when we left the hospital after DS's birth, the nurse threw in 2 packages of wipes in our bag (40ct each). I'm still using the second package and it's been almost a year!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BandEddie said:

I'm a SAHM and use cloth wipes, but them saying he went through 120 wipes in 5 days sounds totally off. I'd imagine they're using them for EVERYTHING from dirty bums and pee diapers to sticky fingers... or using your stash on other kids at the facility.

That would probably be an accurate guess. You know some mooch always "forgot them in the car."

When my older kids were in daycare they'd use our wipes for other kids butts. I can see it being a pain in the ass though, them having to use individual wipes for each kid when diaper changes usually get done all at once for the most part ( before nap time ). Our daycare always had us bring in a package then when that one was done they'd use the next kids package so all in all they all got used at some point and it made up for those who forgot wipes.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Absolutely no clue. I couldn't even guess. Daycare provides wipes.
  • Options
    My daycare also uses seperate wipes so the wipes and diapers I bring in for Wesley are the only ones that they use for him.  I have seen them do this as well. They have baskets under the changing table with each kids wipes and diapers in them. When it is time to change a diaper they pull the basket for the kid they are changing and then after the diaper change, they put tha basket away and clean the changing table for the next kid.  The daycare does have backup wipes and diapers in case he runs out during the day though. I still think 120 wipes is a lot for 5 days, maybe if they were being used for all diaper changes but not just for daycare.  I would ask the daycare lady how many they are using a day. 

• Options
    My daycare also uses seperate wipes so the wipes and diapers I bring in for Wesley are the only ones that they use for him.  I have seen them do this as well. They have baskets under the changing table with each kids wipes and diapers in them. When it is time to change a diaper they pull the basket for the kid they are changing and then after the diaper change, they put tha basket away and clean the changing table for the next kid.  The daycare does have backup wipes and diapers in case he runs out during the day though. I still think 120 wipes is a lot for 5 days, maybe if they were being used for all diaper changes but not just for daycare.  I would ask the daycare lady how many they are using a day. 
    I had husband ask in the morning when he dropped off. Apparently they use them for everything. Wiping his butt, wiping his face, wiping his hands, wiping his nose, wiping off the high chair etc.
  • Options
    @sarahw44 that makes more sense if they are using the wipes for everything but that's still a lot of wipes 

• Options
    dotmbc said:
    What the hell do they have against a wet paper towel? Like seriously?
    They pay for paper towels, you pay for wipes. @sarahw44 I send him with plenty of bibs and diaper rags to use for random face wiping. Maybe that will discourage them from grabbing a wipe every time.
    @dotmbc I send him with boogie wipes so I don't know why they are using his diaper wipes on his face.
    Husband said that they told him it's because of state regulations. When I have more time I will be looking up the state regulations.
  • Options
    My in-home daycare uses their own bibs and paper towels. They supply wipes, we supply diapers.

Our daycare actually has a paper towel holder in the bathroom next to the sink for hand washing for sanitary reasons.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"