March 2014 Moms
Options

Suggestions for comfortable work shoes

Any suggestions on comfortable work shoes. I teach at a college so I need to look professional but my black shoes that I currently wear are KILLING me anymore. Especially when I'm constantly walking around the classroom. The night classes are the ones that kill me cause I'm here until 9:00 pm and I just want to take off my shoes and run around in slippers. I need new work shoes! And I need to ask because I am not fashion savvy at all and cannot pick out my own stuff most of the time. Pathetic, I know.

Janice
Pregnancy Ticker imageimage">imageimageimage"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Suggestions for comfortable work shoes

• Options
    Aerosoles are very comfortable.  I have a pair somewhat similar to these but with a chunkier heel.

https://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product/wise_choice/wise-choi

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    It depends, what clothes do you normally wear to teach?

I personally wear a lot of flats, either ballet flats or pointy toed versions for a more dressy look. I also really like the look of the smoking slipper style that's popular now. In the winter it's usually boots though.
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends, what clothes do you normally wear to teach? I personally wear a lot of flats, either ballet flats or pointy toed versions for a more dressy look. I also really like the look of the smoking slipper style that's popular now. In the winter it's usually boots though.

I'm usually just wearing black dress pants and just any comfortable shirt I can find that can be passed off as business wear. The ones that I'm wearing now, I bought 4 years ago on Black Friday. They look very similar to this: https://www.jcpenney.com/women/fall-trend-shop/boots/ana-vanessa-booties/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003130498&catId=cat100240063&deptId=dept20000013&N=100330016&Nao=24&pN=2&extDim=true&topDim=Categories&topDimvalue=boots&dimCombo=Categories%7C&dimComboVal=boots%7C&currentDim=Categories&currentDimVal=boots&colorizedImg=DP0812201317025442M.tif

Not the same brand or anything though because I can't find them since they are so old, lol.

Janice
  • Options
    I usually teach in some sort of comfortable leather shoe. Right now they are brown or black suede keds. Early on in my pregnancy I started training myself to lecture while sitting. It's against my nature, but I think it has made a big difference in my fatigue level at the end of the day.

Honestly, I think women in academia think way more about our wardrobes than the men seem to. I have one male colleague who I have only seen wear a track suit. If sneakers make you feel better, I would go for it.
  • Options
    kaking78 said:
    I usually teach in some sort of comfortable leather shoe. Right now they are brown or black suede keds. Early on in my pregnancy I started training myself to lecture while sitting. It's against my nature, but I think it has made a big difference in my fatigue level at the end of the day.

Honestly, I think women in academia think way more about our wardrobes than the men seem to. I have one male colleague who I have only seen wear a track suit. If sneakers make you feel better, I would go for it.
    I wish I could. We have had some male teachers try to pull off sneakers and sweatshirts but got in trouble. Night classes are a little more laid back since the Director and rest of the office staff aren't here so I was thinking of trying to sneak in sneakers but I'm afraid, lol.
    Janice
  • Options
    I'm not a teacher but a nurse. I wear danskos or merrills. They are both pretty pricey but it makes a huge difference in my feet and lower back.
  • Options
    @JannyLynn410 With pants you can also go for an oxford style shoe or a short boot like what you posted except with less of a heel. I agree that Clarks shoes are comfortable and they have cuter styles now. some other "comfort" brands are Naot and Born. Like pps have said you'll pay a bit more but it's worth it and the shoes will last longer than cheaper brands.
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • Options
    Dansko!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"