October 2012 Moms
Options

Dry face?

Hey guys! I know I don't post here often but I have a question for you lovely ladies. I didn't notice DD having any dry skin really last winter but this year it's come on strong and early! What kind of lotion or moisturizer do you guys use on baby's face? The rest of her isn't so dry, but we've just been using Aveeno baby lotions on that but I'm hesitant to put it on her face. Any good recommendations?

Re: Dry face?

• Options
    If you think it's from the wind/cold outside, you can put aquaphor as a barrier on the cheeks/nose area before going outside. I'm also looking for a good moisturizer rec though!

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    B has super dry skin and even gets eczema patches on her body and under her eyes. The doc recommended using dove plain white bar soap and it's helped so much. She also said to use Vaseline which seems to be working. I make a half Vaseline half Burt's bees (I've found that works better than aveeno) mix and rub it on her body twice a day and rub just a dab of Vaseline on her face twice a day.

Hope this helps!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stephcarter- thanks! I'll have to give that a shot...she's getting some random patchiness on her face occasionally that looks more like eczema to me so I've been wondering, but neither DH or I have it so I was surprised! I'll give that a shot though!

• Options
    Welcome. :)

My doc prescribed an antibiotic cream for the patches under her eyes that works great and doesn't sting. It's in her room and she's sick and sleeping so I'm terrified to wake her lol. I'll try to remember to grab it and send you the name of it when she gets up.

• Options
    Welcome. :) My doc prescribed an antibiotic cream for the patches under her eyes that works great and doesn't sting. It's in her room and she's sick and sleeping so I'm terrified to wake her lol. I'll try to remember to grab it and send you the name of it when she gets up.
    lol..don't wake up the baby on my part! Sleep is important! 

• Options
    You aren't kidding. She was up most of the night. Thank God the Chica show is on demand or the screaming may have never stopped!! :)

Erythromycin ophthalmic ointment .5% it's made by Bausch and Lomb.

• Options
    Aww poor girl:( And she had a rough day yesterday too right at the cardiologist? I hope she feels better! and thanks:)

• Options
    We use Aquaphor on her face and body when she has red/dry patches.  It was recommended by the pedi when she was a newborn and it always clears things up quickly. 
  • Options
    ac1259 said:

Aww poor girl:( And she had a rough day yesterday too right at the cardiologist? I hope she feels better! and thanks:)

yep, can't win! Thanks :)

• Options
    blondie42107blondie42107 member
    edited October 2013
    We use Bye Bye Dry BabyGanics Moisturizing Eczema Care. Ds2 had some eczema spots. I even use it on my face and love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"