Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Hand Sanitizer for Toddlers

I saw my MIL using purell on my 14 month olds hands. He is sick but I wasn't happy. He has sensitive skin and eczema so it's probably the worst thing you can put on him.  Are there any hand sanitizers I can buy that would be safe and gentle to use on a toddler that I could give her? Thanks. 

Re: Hand Sanitizer for Toddlers

• Kandoo hand sanitizer-made by pampers. Alcohol free, foamy. DS loves rubbing it on his hands.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BabyGanics Alcohol Free Foaming Hand Sanitizer.  My daughter has sensitive skin too and I haven't had any problems!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Honest hand sanitizing spray...got it as a gift. I like it
  • I just use a baby wipe if I need to wipe his hands down for any reason, or take him to the sink and wash his hands.  
  • Not the most scientific, but I'm too sleepy to do more:

Also, triclosan is a pesticide and known carcinogen. The FDA is currently studying whether it should be banned from household products.
  • Not the most scientific, but I'm too sleepy to do more:

Also, triclosan is a pesticide and known carcinogen. The FDA is currently studying whether it should be banned from household products.
    i'd be less worried about the toxicity of hand sanitizer (although this certainly raises a valid point) and more worried about the overuse of antibacterial products in general (sanitizers, soaps, lotions, yada yada).  just like the misuse/overuse of antibiotics, they contribute to the creation of antibiotic resistant superbugs, which is good for no one.  if you're going to use hand sanitizer, use a non antibacterial, alcohol based one- this provides some good info:

like you were concerned about though, the alcohol ones can be very drying an irritating. i would rather just wash my kid's hands than rub sanitizer all over his hands.  it'll do in a pinch if i don't have access to running water and soap, but it's just no substitute for good old hand washing.
    DSCN9655

in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, for you
    1 thessalonians 5:18
  • I make homemade wipes for my counter tops and DS's high chair tray. I also use them to take off my makeup. They are just paper towels moistened with apple cider vinegar. I wonder if that would work and not irritate the eczema? Just thinking while you are concerned with germs and water may not be enough.
  • Thanks. I would prefer her to use soap and water, but she loves her sanitizer.  I'll pick up some alcohol free stuff at the store and tell her not to use the purell on DS.  
  • DawnLilly said:
    I make homemade wipes for my counter tops and DS's high chair tray. I also use them to take off my makeup. They are just paper towels moistened with apple cider vinegar. I wonder if that would work and not irritate the eczema? Just thinking while you are concerned with germs and water may not be enough.
    i love this idea!  thank you for sharing!
    DSCN9655

in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, for you
    1 thessalonians 5:18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"