December 2010 Moms

health insurance vent

we are currently covered by a cobra plan that we kept after DH's last job.  it is SO expensive, like, bleeding us dry expensive.  we applied for a different plan (because DH job does not offer insurance) and we were denied.  denied because i had fertility treatments to conceive oliver 3 years ago.  i cant decide if i want to yell or cry.  so our only option at this point is to wait until january and choose an ACA plan.  which is great, that we will have that option.  but i REALLY was hoping to save some money before january. boo.  thanks for reading.

Re: health insurance vent

• Wow! So something you are not even currently doing, but something that happened 3 years ago is causing problems like that? Wow! Sorry, that sucks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Seriously?!?!?!  That sucks in a very large way and it really should be illegal.  I"m sorry.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, that sucks!  I'm sorry.  I've never heard of being denied insurance because of infertility issues!  And how sucky that your DH's job doesn't offer insurance.  Sorry, jnicolen.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• thanks everyone.  yes, its so odd.  they told us we were denied first and then we had to wait to find out why.  so of course we were trying to guess, and this was not on our radar at all.  there were 3 other things we thought it could be...skin cancer, immunity issues with duncan, etc.  but nope.  the IUI.  
    whats super crazy is they dont even cover fertility treatments!  the only thing we can think of is that maybe they assume there will be an underlying health issue that would pop up later?? or maybe that the hormones i took would cause future problems?  i dont know.  anyhow.  we are appealing.  but by the time that goes through the ACA plans will be up and running and they cant deny you for anything.
    also, it IS frustrating that DH's job doesnt offer insurance.  hes an attorney for a small firm and they treat him like an independent contractor..basically so they dont give benefits. bleck. one of the many reason id like to start working a few hours.
  • I am so sorry about this!  Craziness!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • That is awful and ridiculous. What the heck it has to do with anything if they don't' even cover IF is beyond me. Perfect example of why reform is needed.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"