September 2012 Moms

S/O winter wear

Where is everyone getting hats/mittens/gloves?  Any tips on getting your toddler to actually keep them on?  S is not fond of anything on her head, and she still has a habit of pulling things off her hands then sticking her hands in her mouth...

Re: S/O winter wear

• We got DS a snowsuit with gloves that snap on and a hood for when he's out in the snow...in the car I'm not nearly as concerned because I'll have the heat on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've seen the best selection of hats and mittens at Marshall's and tjmaxx. I am with LL, the Velcro under the chin seems to help a lot. i also have been giving him my phone while I put it on to distract him so he isn't focusing on me putting it on his head.
    Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.
  • Loading the player...
  • S always rips hats off. I find if she rips it off while we're outside and I leave it off for a few mins so her ears start to get a bit cold, then put it back on it is much more likely to stay on. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In my experience they tend to keep them on in two ways.  One, get a coat that clips them to the wrists of the jackets.  Or two, they figure out that it feels MUCH better to have their hand covered than out in the cold.  Most of mine seem to really enjoy wearing their gear so it's no biggie.  But a couple times i have arrived at my destination to find winter gear stripped off and thrown around the back seat.
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"