Pregnant after 35

Induction scheduled

Doctor scheduled me for an induction. Waiting on time to go for November 14. That's a week and a day before my due date. She fears that my hbp isn't controlled enough. I'm nervous, anxious, excited and want to cry.

Re: Induction scheduled

• I am sorry it's for health concerns, but excited for you! I hope your labor and delivery go smoothly, however it starts! FX your blood pressure does not become a greater concern.

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Thanks. I was so agitated when I went to my appointment because I hadn't eaten anything but breakfast. My pressure was 150/95. I rushed in the doctors office and raided their candy jar. Well ten minutes later after I got myself together, it was 111/73. I just made myself nervous. I'm just a big ball of emotions.
    jbelle said:

I am sorry it's for health concerns, but excited for you! I hope your labor and delivery go smoothly, however it starts! FX your blood pressure does not become a greater concern.

• Loading the player...
  • As someone who also faces a possible induction, though not for the same reasons, I get it. I will cross my fingers you can go on your own before you reach that point. Sending you lots of positive vibes for an uncomplicated labor and delivery!! Hugs!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • My second baby was induced and I will say that delivery was actually my most pleasant one, lol.
    Don't get me wrong, cytotec and Pitocin are no picnic, but I was 1 cm dilated before induction, so that probably helped. I'd do it over again if I could, but since I had a c/s with my twins, my current OB says "no" to inductions.
    You'll do great!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• I've done my other three by induction but it was always on the due date and to not go over because they were going to be big babies. My last delivery was a breeze to me. Well age and hbp is a factor this time. Thank you for the positive vibes. I surely need it.
    Guennie said:

As someone who also faces a possible induction, though not for the same reasons, I get it. I will cross my fingers you can go on your own before you reach that point. Sending you lots of positive vibes for an uncomplicated labor and delivery!! Hugs!

• Good Luck!!!! I don't have to get induced but I am so not ready to give birth just yet.  I have a ton to do before this kid arrives.  You will be great but I get the anxiety.  I want to hurl every time someone says to me "I don't think you are going to make it to your due date." 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • As I stated in previous post, this will be my fourth induction and the last one was so easy to me. I was dilated 2 by that time but for some reason I feel I'm more than that now. Talk about the discomfort and pain right now, and I'm so ready though. I know quite a few women that doctors say no to induction after C-section. Doctor is sure I'll do fine as well. I'm just so over it.

My second baby was induced and I will say that delivery was actually my most pleasant one, lol.
    Don't get me wrong, cytotec and Pitocin are no picnic, but I was 1 cm dilated before induction, so that probably helped. I'd do it over again if I could, but since I had a c/s with my twins, my current OB says "no" to inductions.
    You'll do great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"