September 2012 Moms

For those of you with once-a-day nappers...

What time do you put LO down for a nap? For the last week, Hannah has been fighting her afternoon nap for 1-1.5 hours, and then napping for 20-30 minutes, so I think it's time, as much as I wish I could put it off.

Re: For those of you with once-a-day nappers...

• PokedotPokedot member
    edited October 2013

DS has had 1 nap since about 6 months old. We've adjusted but man does it suck! Hahaha however DS goes down for his nap about 4 hours after he gets up. Usually 11ish is his time. He'll on average sleep for 2 hours so 1pm then be up until 8pm which is his bedtime.

ETA We've always just looked for signs of him being tired, a bit clumsy, rubbing his eyes and nose, whiney. He's made his bedtime and nap routine on his own instead of us forcing the times. It's worked well for us.

• Daycare has them all nap at (I think) 12:30-2 or 2:30?  Somewhere in the general afternoon time frame.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    edited October 2013
    A little after 11. Daycare does early lunch for the one year olds (around 10:45ish) and they go down right after lunch. On the weekends, he is usually ready around 11:30. He sleeps for 3+ hours.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• She goes down after lunch, between 12:30 and12:45 and normally sleeps until 3 or 4
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nanc goes down for her nap around 4 hours after she gets up.  She also sleeps 2.5 to 3 hours and then goes to bed just after 7ish unless she pulls a snuggle fest and falls asleep in my lap like she did last night at 615.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• hmp1 said:
    A little after 11. Daycare does early lunch for the one year olds (around 10:45ish) and they go down right after lunch. On the weekends, he is usually ready around 11:30. He sleeps for 3+ hours.

I hope she takes a longer nap. I'm afraid that I'll get 1, one hour nap a day.

• DD's daycare has them eat lunch at 11:30, then naptime is 12 - 2:30, but mine never sleeps that long unfortunately.  We are lucky if she sleeps an hour, it's terrible.  She did much better when she could nap a couple times a day. She is ready to nap by 10 and on weekends does, but at daycare they don't let them. I hate it.
  • watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited October 2013
    Sophia tends to go down for her nap at 12:30 if she wakes up at 7:30, or 5 hours after she wakes up/after I get lunch in her.

ETA: She'll usually sleep at least 2 hours, but less than 3
  • He goes down sometime between 10:45-11:15ish, and usually sleeps until 1:30 or 2. On occasion, he needs a 20 min cat nap around 6 or he's a monster until bedtime.
  • juliane2004juliane2004 member
    edited October 2013
    We used to do 2pm, so she napped with the older two. She was only sleeping about 60-75 minutes, which wasn't what I hope for but whatever.

But then she was suuuper cranky one morning, and we put her down at like 12:15 pm or something (super early), and she slept till 4:30 pm. Since then (the last month or so), we've put her down between 12 and 12:30 pm, and she sleeps at LEAST 2 hours, more often 3+.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Pokedot said:

ETA We've always just looked for signs of him being tired, a bit clumsy, rubbing his eyes and nose, whiney. He's made his bedtime and nap routine on his own instead of us forcing the times. It's worked well for us.

Same!  We watch for her "nap signs" and she goes down no problem.  Usually it's between 11:30 and 1pm depending on the day. She sleeps 3 hours pretty consistently.  It wasn't really that we "lost" a nap, but more that the 2 naps she used to take kind of merged together into one big nap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry, but I am sooo jealous of these nap times.  Lately we've been getting only a 1 hour nap all day.  Makes for a very long day.

*yawn*

imageimage 

• Somewhere around 11. And she'll usually nap until 1 or 1:30. Then she stays up until 9. but she's a sometimes one, sometimes two nap gal.
  • She goes down between 11:45 and 12:15. She normally sleeps about an hour and 45 mins. Sometimes she will sleep for 2 1/2 hours, but it's rare. She sleeps from 7:45-7:45 and eats once early in the morning.
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bennett wakes up at between 6 and 7. He always naps from 12 to 3 or 330 then goes to bed around 7.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• We have to transition. On days she gets one nap she goes down around 1 or so.
  • Pokedot said:

DS has had 1 nap since about 6 months old. We've adjusted but man does it suck! Hahaha however DS goes down for his nap about 4 hours after he gets up. Usually 11ish is his time. He'll on average sleep for 2 hours so 1pm then be up until 8pm which is his bedtime.

This exactly!! Sometimes it's 11 sometimes noon. If he isn't down by 1 I put him in his room and he lays there for at least half an hour so he gets quiet time at the very least.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AlinnJo said:

She goes down between 11:45 and 12:15. She normally sleeps about an hour and 45 mins. Sometimes she will sleep for 2 1/2 hours, but it's rare. She sleeps from 7:45-7:45 and eats once early in the morning.

This is pretty much us, though we're usually on the shorter end of the nap time--1 hr 30 mins usually. I am sooooo jealous of these lengthy naps.

And um, I have to wear her to get that--otherwise it's only 45 mins. :(

We're starting to institute a quiet time when her morning nap used to be (about 9:30) because she seems tired but usually won't actually fall asleep. That helps us get through the morning.
  • BPer said:
    hmp1 said:

I hope she takes a longer nap. I'm afraid that I'll get 1, one hour nap a day.
    That's what I'm afraid of, too! @hmp1, that is awesome that he naps for so long!

DD hasn't been taking her afternoon nap for about a week now. Her morning nap is about 1 hr, 20 min. I am praying she doesn't follow in DS's footsteps of only taking 1, 1-hour nap a day. ugh.

• Around 12 usually. Sometimes he goes down early but when he does he doesn't nap as long.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • DD starts her nap anywhere between 3 and 4 PM, and it lasts anywhere from 1-2 hours. She goes to bed around 8 and wakes up around 9 AM. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Daycare puts all of them down between 12 and 1 after lunch. She will sleep till between 3-4 most days. But she is up by 6 on work days.
                  image     image
  • During the week it's usually close to 1 (is in half day daycare), and can be from 1-2 hours. Weekends is when he looks tired which can be around 11-12, and he'll sleep 2-3 hours.
    I wish we could get him down earlier during the week but if I don't get some lunch in him all hope is lost for a decent nap.
    (Formerly MamaBearKendy)
  • Around 12:30

• E goes down for her nap between 11:30 and noon. She sleeps anywhere from 1-2 hours, usually somewhere in between. The days she only does a one hour nap are rough. But she sleeps at night from 6-6, so at least she's getting 12 hours straight there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"