Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Intro and question

Hi. I was going to wait out doing an intro here until I felt more sure this pregnancy would stick, but now I need some advice and figured I should introduce myself first. I'm 30, recently married and TTC#1. Last month we got pregnant but it ended up being a chemical pregnancy (period was only one day late- wouldn't have known without early testing). Doc said it was ok to try again right away. The first month after the CP I ovulated 10 days late. We ended up conceiving again. The test line was not very dark but it was darker than my first one. And so far this one has lasted a few days longer (AF was due yesterday). I know it's still really early but I'm terrified something will go wrong. I'm trying to relax because I know worry is no good. I made an appointment with a nurse to have blood taken today to confirm the pregnancy. When I tested this morning (to use up the test and also see if the line was getting darker) it looked lighter than it was when I got the first BFP two days ago. I'm so worried it will be another chemical pregnancy. I will ask the nurse about it tonight but was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience where the test lines got lighter or didn't get darker and everything turned out ok? Im using FRER if that makes any difference.

Re: Intro and question

• Options
    Congrats. Some people put stock in darker lines, some don't. Different tests (even the same brand) can have slightly different thresholds, so lighter doesn't have to mean less hormone. Good luck!
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    Thanks :) I'm really trying to keep positive. I track my BBT and it was still up this morning and I'm having breast tenderness still. With my CP everything dropped off pretty quickly. Stupid tests!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm also an early tester, and got a BFP yesterday! Here's to hoping for a nice, uneventful 9 months!!! :):):)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic TTC since 4/12 BFP #1 11/15/12, MC/possible ectopic 11/20, natural MC BFP #2 1/15/13, ectopic discovered 2/15, surgery, R tube removed
  • Options
    Congrats! I try not to put too much emphasis on how dark the line is, there are so many variables that could effect that. It is hard not to keep testing, I know, but don't worry yourself unless they start coming up negative. If you must keep testing, try the digital so there is no gray area? Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! If your Dr does blood work that will give you a better idea of how it is progressing

BFP#1 05.2005- didn't know I was pg until m/c.

BFP#2 11.01.11 EDD 07.15.12  m/c 11.26.11 @ 6.5 weeks

BFP#3 03.12.12 EDD 11.26.12 mm/c 04.29.12 @ 8 weeks

BFP#4 10.08.12 EDD 06.08.13 m/c 11.29.12 @ 8.5 weeks

cp on 03.27.13 BFP#5 09/10/13 EDD 05.25.14 Induced & Emergency C-section 05/09/14 

Lilypie - (7skc) 

• Options
    Got the results. 15 at 16dpo. Not good. Pretty sure I'll be back in TTCAL pretty soon :( second one in a row
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"