Cloth Diapering

Newborn GDiapers

I haven't really looked into them, but theres a lady who has six newborn gdiapers, just the covers no inserts or liners and is trying to sell them. Were mostly looking to use prefolds, so my question is will they work? does anyone have any experience using the gdiapers only as diaper covers with a pre fold and have a successful CD?  

Re: Newborn GDiapers

• the tiny g's are....tiny. like seriously tiny.  I do think they work, but I don't think there's any way you'd fit a prefold under it
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Really? I thought they were good for up to 10lbs? hmm...
  • Loading the player...
  • Mandmeesh.  They fit great right when DS got home from the hospital, but he outgrew the rise pretty quickly.  There just isn't a lot of room to stuff anything in there.  We used the gCloth and even though they worked great for a newborn I wouldn't recommend those because they are expensive and not very absorbent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Really? I thought they were good for up to 10lbs? hmm...
    they might fit to ten lbs. with their inserts, but not a pf
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh ok. Thanks so much! I'll def pass on them. :)

• at 8lbs our daughter was already in the small size when we started her on G diapers around 2 weeks out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm using them,with the grovia newborn prefolds,and with some muslin prefolds that I made. I like them more with prefolds than the gcloth. My baby is one month old,and he steal usin them. The newborn gd are good for babies that have very skinny legs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used the gDiapers newborn size with a newborn (orange edge) GMD prefold.  That system worked for us for a few months.  But, DS was a preemie (4 lbs, 2 oz) so the smaller size worked for longer than for some babies, and, as a PP noted, he has skinny legs.  DS is a thinner baby.  If he had the chunky Buddha belly I don't think they would have worked for as long.

If they are a good deal, and you have some newborn prefolds (smalls really don't fit in them) they work nicely.  

FWIW, I don't like the gCloth.  I prefer my cotton prefolds.
  • awesome thanks! I passed on them :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"