Where are you on potty training?

apollonia10apollonia10 member
edited October 2013 in July 2012 Moms
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Where are you on potty training? 119 votes

Currently working on it!
5% 7 votes
Thinking about it. We'll probably start in a few months.
22% 27 votes
Sort of thinking about it, but more around 2 years or so
26% 32 votes
Lololol what? Are you kidding?
44% 53 votes

Re: Where are you on potty training?

• I've started reading about different ways to do it and have purchased his potty to get him used to it, but am not planning on starting for a while.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • I'm glad to see this. I feel like so many of my IRL friends are buying potty seats for their kids who are DS's age. One of them says her DD is potty training herself at 15 months. DS isn't even walking yet, I have no idea how I'd get him to pee standing up!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom has started with my LO's. Right now it seems only Liam is ready. He will say when he wants to go poop and my mom takes him to sit down on his potty and he goes (usually around the same time every day). But that's as far as its gotten. Emma won't stay seated on the potty.
  • Hunters school doesn't allow diapers and he wears cloth training pants at school. His teacher says he has peed and pooped in the toilet. At home, he adamantly protests diapers and wears a pull up now. I don't push it here. School can work on him until I'm ready lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm glad to see this. I feel like so many of my IRL friends are buying potty seats for their kids who are DS's age. One of them says her DD is potty training herself at 15 months. DS isn't even walking yet, I have no idea how I'd get him to pee standing up!
    For the record boys do better learning to sit at first, too, so don't worry about that!  Although, I am very much in the "wait good and long till you're positive they are ready" camp anyway.  But yeah... I always suggest teaching boys to straddle the bowl (seat down) and face the tank.  Owen did awesome with this, no aim issues, and then once he was potty trained overall he figured out how to "pee like daddy". :-P

• Not even on my radar at the moment. I can ask K if he pooped after I know he did, and he will shake his head no and run away, but that's as close to potty training we have gotten. Haha

I'm not concerned at all about starting yet. I hear boys are usually tricky and we will probably start closer to 2. Our daycare requires the 3 yr old class to be completely potty trained, so I know we need to have him there by 3 at the oldest.

• @WonderJess - thanks for the tip! I have no brothers and I was at a loss. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not even on the radar.  Olivia hasn't shown any signs that she might be ready.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • hijinx said:
    Not even on the radar. Liam doesn't even seem to notice when he's gone in his diaper. If I ask him if he pooped he just looks at me like I'm crazy, so he's not even connecting that word with anything yet. But he does understand if I tell him that he has a stinky diaper and we need to go change it. He marches into his room and stands next to his changing table waiting for me to change his diaper.
    Kind of gross, but something we started to do with K to get him to understand pooping a little better is I show him his dirty diaper after I take it off and tell him it is poo poo. He usually gets a kick out of it and has recently started crinkling his nose and making a "blech!" noise. It seems like he "gets it" a little more now when I ask if he went poo poo. He still always shakes his head, but he runs away and fusses when I catch him when he knows he actually did go.

• More around 2, when  he can tell me a little better. So probably around summertime.

• With DD#1 we were super excited to get her started. She showed signs of being ready around 18m, but it didn't last long. She was finally potty trained around 2 1/2. And now that she is I wonder what our hurry was. It is such a PITA to have to stop and potty everywhere we go. I can't remember the last time I got to eat a whole meal without taking her to the potty or helping her wipe.

Bottom line - We are not in a huge hurry here. Diapers are easier. We will train when she shows she is really ready and I hope to have her fully trained by 3.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've been slowwwwly working on it. His potty has been around for 6 months and he would happily sit on it. Last week he started telling me when he had to peepee(already says when he has to poopoo) And has been dry for naps and some outings. We're not pushing it too hard. But he goes to the potty when he wakes and before he goes down. And gets a yogurt melt for his attempts and successes. No 3 day potty training boot camp or anything like that...we'll probably wait another month or so to really start training.
  • Santa is also bringing a potty to our house, and we'll talk about it. Especially with the new little guy coming, we're not expecting anything for quite a while.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"