November 2013 Moms

NBR: can I freeze a cheesecake?

I usually host thanksgiving and this year we just decided to cater instead. However I make and AMAZING pumpkin cheesecake. I'm wondering if I could make it this weekend and freeze it until T-day. Thoughts?

Re: NBR: can I freeze a cheesecake?

• Yes you can! Just make sure to wrap it really well so it doesn't get freezer burn!
  • I've never done it but I would say yes because different companies such as the cheesecake factory sell them frozen at the grocery store.
  • Loading the player...
  • Should be fine.  And you're really not going to be freezing it for that long.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Yes! Frozen cheesecake also tastes awesome.
    photo bannernew_zpsfb1f0d0b.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks guys. I just didn't want to invest the time and $ and have it be a waste...not to mention be without dessert on Tday! Here's the recipe if anyone is interested. I've made it for about 7 years now and it's always a hit :)

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ingredients:
    - 1 ½ C. graham cracker crumbs
    - 1/3 C. butter or margarine
    - 1/4 C. granulated sugar

- 3 (8 oz ea.) pkgs cream cheese
    - 1 C. granulated sugar
    - 1/4 C. packed light brown sugar
    - 2 large eggs
    - 1 (15 oz.)can 100% Pure Pumpkin (i.e. Libby's)
    - 2/3 C. (5 oz. can) Evaporated Milk
    - 2 Tblsp. cornstarch
    - 1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
    - ½ tsp. ground nutmeg

- 1 16 oz. container sour cream
    - 1/3 C. granulated sugar
    - 1 tsp. vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

FOR CRUST:
    COMBINE graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in a med. bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9" springform pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes (do NOT allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 min.

FOR CHEESECAKE:
    BEAT cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, pumpkin, and evaporated milk. Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat well. Pour into crust.
    BAKE for 55 to 60 min. or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.

FOR TOPPING:
    COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake. BAKE for 5 min. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan before cutting to serve.

• Yep, it's a-ok to freeze and re-thaw on turkey day just like any other cake.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • It's totally fine to freeze cheesecake- they actually freeze really well. And thanks for posting the recipe! Will def be trying this!
  • I totally want cheesecake now.  Adding it to my list.......

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

imageimage

• Sounds yummy! No way I could have something that delicious in my freezer for than long without it slowly losing pieces of it. Better make 2! 8->
  • Yeah...if it was my freezer it wouldn't make it to turkey day...just saying. :D
  • So I'm gonna play devil's advocate...

@babymama619- shouldn't you know about this if you're a nanny?? I know that it is something I would make sure my nanny knew to do... Not only that, but I would expect cheesecakes every day! Different sizes and flavors...

Also, because I'm nosy... who are you hosting Thanksgiving with anyway? For some reason I thought you lived overseas... do they celebrate Thanksgiving over there?

• babymama619babymama619 member
    edited October 2013
    @katie.725
    1. I'm a lazy ass nanny right now. We actually had McDonald's for luch yesterday.
    2. After I posted this I remembered the frozen cheesecake section-duh.
    3. Nope, not over seas, I'm from and live outside of Chicago. I did live in France for a while, so maybe I mentioned that at some point.

• @katie.725 1. I'm a lazy ass nanny right now. We actually had McDonald's for luch yesterday. 2. After I posted this I remembered the frozen cheesecake section-duh. 3. Nope, not over seas, I'm from and live pisiform if Chicago. I did live in France for a while, so maybe I mentioned that at some point.

And who is the "we"? I think we all thought you were single?  Is baby-daddy hosting with you?
  • babymama619babymama619 member
    edited October 2013
    @katie.725
    we= my parents and my sister ;)

• Damn. Now I want cheesecake. Especially after yesterday's post about Cheesecake Factory. Guess I know what's for dinner tonight :)

This exactly!!! I have a Cheesecake Factory 2 miles from my house...Buffalo blasts and pumpkin cheesecake for dinner it is!!!!
  • Damn. Now I want cheesecake. Especially after yesterday's post about Cheesecake Factory. Guess I know what's for dinner tonight :)

This exactly!!! I have a Cheesecake Factory 2 miles from my house...Buffalo blasts and pumpkin cheesecake for dinner it is!!!!
    The one by me is about that far too. Stupid GD!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"