March 2014 Moms

Re: "I just wanted to cut off the curls"

• Options
    I cut my bangs off when I was about 3, my mom was horrified.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Did that when I was a kid. My mom was pissed. Lol

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am guilty of doing this! At about 5 I cut my hair, my younger sisters hair and my stuffed monkeys hair... We had the worst "fixed" haircuts after that.
  • Options
    My baby sister cut her hair off once and I saw it when I got home. All over the kitchen floor. I went to my moms room and moved her head from side to side trying to see what she did. I couldn't find anything so I tried to wake my mom up and ask her why there was hair every where. I guess she was dreaming about my grandmas friends dog bc she said it was his dogs hair.

I just went to bed like that was a normal every day answer. Hahah
  • Options
    Oh gosh....I forgot about this common little girl debacle

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Options
    Ha I always cry my hair. I did it like 5 times totAl. Where were my parents?!?!
  • Options
    Yea I cut my sisters hair, I think I was 5 so she was 3. We locked the bathroom door and I just cut away. My mom was not happy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    This was one of my favorite audio clips when it came out, these two girls are SO cute!  I would be upset if my daughters cut their own hair, but the way these two talk makes it hard to even imagine being angry.

September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image
                          Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                              

• Options
    My sister talked me into cutting my eyelashes. She convinced me that cutting them would help them grow longer and said that she'd do it too. I cut one side, then she said it looked dumb and she wasn't doing it. I don't remember how long it took for them to grow back. 
    DD born 1/16/11
    #2 It's a Boy! EDD 3/23/14
  • Options
    It's not just girls! Every child does this at least once and those suckers are quick with a pair of scissors! My DS nearly scalped himself and then the following day at preschool we had warned them to not let him have scissors or watch him like a hawk...they turned away for a second to check another child and he came close to his ear (they were safety scissors and he wouldn't have actually cut his ear). He ended up with a buzz cut that night since there was no way to "blend" it at that point.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    About a year ago my daughter literally scalped herself, she cut her hair down to a buzz cut length on the front 2 inches of her head while she was at her old sitters house.  She had a mullet for 5 months when it finally started growing in.  Thankfully it has all come back, but now it is so uneven, we are waiting for it to get a little longer so we can take her in and get it evened out.  I would be lying if I didn't say that I ugly cried when she went to bed that night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

• Options
    When I was 5 my hair was past my butt and my brother chopped a huge chunk off... My mom sent him to the neighbors for a few days so that she wouldn't kill him
  • Options
    PerkyErky said:

It's not just girls! Every child does this at least once and those suckers are quick with a pair of scissors! My DS nearly scalped himself and then the following day at preschool we had warned them to not let him have scissors or watch him like a hawk...they turned away for a second to check another child and he came close to his ear (they were safety scissors and he wouldn't have actually cut his ear). He ended up with a buzz cut that night since there was no way to "blend" it at that point.

Those "safety" scissors are crazy sharp. When I was in 1st grade there was a boy in my class who almost cut his tongue off....
  • Options
    One of my other little sisters had cancer when she was like 3 months old and spent her first year in a children's hospital in our state (she's 20 now :D)
    It took forever for her to finally grow hair bc of chemo and such so my mom was partial to her hair. She was maybe 4 and her hair had grown past her butt when my cousin (who was about the same age) cut diff lengths on each side and left one long piece in the back. My mom was devastated. She said she cried for several days over that one.

• Options
    When my sister was 6 and my other sister was 4 the 6yo cut the 4yo's hair. Mom could only fix it by giving her a short bowl cut, she looked like a boy for a few months while it grew out.

This is why any and all scissors are locked in high cabinets in my house. I do not want any beauty salon surprises with my girls!
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ellajune2012ellajune2012 member
    edited October 2013
    memali26 said:
    When my sister was 6 and my other sister was 4 the 6yo cut the 4yo's hair. Mom could only fix it by giving her a short bowl cut, she looked like a boy for a few months while it grew out.

This is why any and all scissors are locked in high cabinets in my house. I do not want any beauty salon surprises with my girls!
    When my cousin was three, she put so many barrettes and rubber bands and clips and things in her hair all at once that her mom and my mother together could not get all of them, or all the knots and tangles, out, and her mom decided to just cut her hair short.

Just sayin' - kids will find a way to get into messes with or without scissors ;)  Not saying I would be happy with my kids doing this, but in the end it's just hair and it'll grow back out.
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • Options
    That's the cutest thing I've heard in a long time! I never cut my hair but my sister gave herself bangs when she was about 4 or 5 and it was super cute!

• Options
    memali26 said:

When my cousin was three, she put so many barrettes and rubber bands and clips and things in her hair all at once that her mom and my mother together could not get all of them, or all the knots and tangles, out, and her mom decided to just cut her hair short.

Just sayin' - kids will find a way to get into messes with or without scissors ;)  Not saying I would be happy with my kids doing this, but in the end it's just hair and it'll grow back out.
    Believe me, my girls have found hundreds of ways to get into messes and they're only 2 and 3 ;) I just don't want any hair cuts that aren't on purpose!
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am guilty of this... it was the first time I was ever grounded. I was six, and my two cousins( 6 and 5) my sister (4), and I decided we were going to put on a play and I would do their hair. Both of my cousins had hair past the middle of their backs that I chopped past their shoulders.

They were also going to be flower girls in their mom's wedding that weekend. Needless to say, my aunt was NOT pleased.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"