3rd Trimester
Options

Absolute ZERO sex drive! Driving him nuts!

Was wondering if anyone else has suffered with low-sex drive throughout their entire pregnancy. I can't believe how desensitized I am by everything and he is so upset that I don't ever feel up to it. I don't even want him kissing me in all honesty.

With my first pregnancy, I couldn't get enough, but with this one. I don't even want to think about sex. I feel nauseous and gross and have to make myself feel up to it since sometimes it can be painful (so swollen it hurts, BH contractions, and plainly I just hate it right now). Any moms ever have to deal with this? I've never felt this way in my entire adult life and was wondering about those who have. Also, I was wondering if after the baby was born, I would feel up to it again. I'm so deathly afraid that I'll never want sex again! lol.

Btw, DH loves my pregnant body. It totally turns him on and he can't get enough of me lol. As you can tell, I feel guilty when I tell him no! :)

Re: Absolute ZERO sex drive! Driving him nuts!

• Options
    I'm the exact same! It's a rare occasion when I'm in the mood.
  • Options
    In the words of Led Zeppelin, it's been a long, lonely time. I have zero interest and each time I've tried lately its been too uncomfortable or painful. I feel horribly guilty even though DH is a real trooper about it. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm the same way! I feel so bad about saying no all of the time, but it's so uncomfortable for me. :( 
  • Options
    Yep. Tell him to simmer down.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Mine is in the negative numbers and was with my first pregnancy also. It doesn't feel good at all, but is not to the point of being painful either so I just go ahead and put up with it whenever DH is in the mood- I've never actually turned him down. Luckily DH's drive is pretty low right now too so things are matching up in that department. FWIW, things were back to normal a few months after DS was born...after I got over the soreness from my episiotomy and I started getting a little more sleep (my son is allergic to sleep so exhaustion played a factor in that)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Glad that I'm not the only one. :) (Obviously, I'm not haha) Just never felt this desensitized in my life and I find it depressing that I'm not up for it

• Options
    RedSaffronRedSaffron member
    edited October 2013
    Same here, I had no sex drive since the start of the pregnancy. He's not into constantly kissing, touching, or hugging, but we do share a goodbye kiss or hug and that is enough for me. I do feel guilty not being able to make him happy when I reject him. But sex has been uncomfortable. LO's head is putting pressure on my lower abs because she's head down and I feel ugly naked with (TMI) stretch marks, a huge round belly, untrimmed lady parts and sometimes leaky boobies. It is totally normal, I would just go with the flow on what your body wants instead of making him happy.
  • Options
    DH and I really want to, but he gets creeped out by the baby when I get this big, so it's been a couple months for us already. Two more to go... I am the same though, I feel bad but there isnt much I can do about it. I have found that I get my sex drive back about a month after I stop breastfeeding. With my first I thought I would never get it back, but it does come!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think it's totally normal and we all need to give ourselves a break.....it's only temporary.  Think about what your body is going through: huge weight fluctuation, hormones out of control, pain, hard to breathe, etc.....I think it would be more weird if you WANTED to have sex!!

This too shall pass.
  • Options
    So glad to hear I am not the only one.  I have no desire as well. I could really just do without it. I don't ever initate and when he gets randy i sometimes play the tired card or guilt get the better of me and I give in.  I don't mind "doing it. Even though it is not always comfortable, I don't feel attractive, there is no comfortable position, and even after a shower I still feel "not so clean".  For his sake, thank goodness he has the computer! hahaha
  • Options
    Right there with you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It is now about the LAST thing I want to do. My sex drive has been good, but actual sex is so uncomfortable physically. First trimester: nauseous all the time, heartburn, exhausted beyond belief, and really sore boobs; Second trimester: horrible stomach aches and gas all the time plus back pain; Third trimester: pelvic pain, low back ache, tired, tired of being pregnant, feeling like there's an alien in my body, and dealing with gestational diabetes. None of these trimesters have left me feeling sexy or sexual. I would rather have a foot rub than sex any day right now! Not to mention, it kind of hurts when we do try it. I'm too big for to maneuver around easily, and it does not feel good having anything in there right now!
  • Options
    BShreeve said:

In the words of Led Zeppelin, it's been a long, lonely time. I have zero interest and each time I've tried lately its been too uncomfortable or painful. I feel horribly guilty even though DH is a real trooper about it. :(

This. I feel bad but it hurts and I'm extremely nauseous so it's no go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"