Preemies
Options

Hospitalization-versary....Then&Now

So, a year ago....almost to the minute....I walked into L&D (for the sixth time), and so began the point at which my pregnancy went to crap. It's been flashback city this week -- between the Halloween stuff to the Hurricane Sandy coverage (which I watched when there was nothing on TV for the few days I was on HBR). Whew. But, you guys all know how this is....

In any case, in an effort to focus on the AMAZING progress the girls have made, and not dwell on how horrifying that week (and the weeks to follow) was/were -- here's a little Then & Now....

Then: The evening of Halloween, first permitted shower after days in the hospital, just coming off of a 48 hour antibiotic cocktail & mag sulfate drip (aka the worst.thing.ever). Little did I know, I would go into labor a mere 24 hours later... 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hospitalization-versary....Then&Now

• Options
    Awww love it! How many weeks were you??
  • Options
    Awww love it! How many weeks were you??
    I was exactly 29 weeks when I was admitted -- delivered 3 days later!
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing :-)

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    Love the pictures! The first year flashbacks are so hard.
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    @Missa_g - I just went to your blog -- and read that post with the letter to yourself. Man, that's perfect. It pretty much brought me to tears -- if only we could have been able to see the future at that point!

I remember my parents saying that by "next" Christmas, we'd be having to keep the girls OUT of the tree. That seemed like an outrageous stretch given where we were at the time. That's certainly going to be true for at least one of our girls, which is so hard to believe. 

• Options
    amazing pictures.  Your girls are beautiful and look so happy!

The first anniversary is so hard.  Be gentle on yourself and know that whatever you are feeling is completely normal.  

Happy Early Birthday!
    mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• Options
    Way to go babies!! They look awesome.
  • Options
    Love this, thanks for sharing!
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for sharing!  Your girls are so precious!
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• Options
    bromios said:
    Brummy14 said:

mag sulfate drip (aka the worst.thing.ever).

Amen, sister (I got to do three rounds with the mag :-& )! Your daughters are beautiful!

Ugh mag sulfate! Your daughters are beautiful! Happy early birthday!!

imageimage
  • Options

We just passed our year mark a month ago and yesterday was the day, one year ago, we finally brought the girls home. It's tough to think back.

I love the twin skeleton shirt in the left pic. I wish I could have found one.. even though I didn't make it to Halloween or anywhere near it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"