Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

No cry sleep solution

Anyone tried this? Thoughts?

Re: No cry sleep solution

• Options
    I just started reading it and I am praying it helps
  • Options
    We tried it it didn't work for us. Basically you have to take whatever sleep association the baby has and the slowly decrease/cut it (so if nursing, nurse less amount over time, pull out when drowsy..) until they're not dependent on it to fall sleep.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used this in the beginning and it did work for us - it just took time.  My issue was getting DD to fall asleep on her own instead of me having to rock her to a complete sleep before putting her down.  I started at 4 months and now at 7 months we don't usually have an issue with putting her down drowsy.  There are still the random times that she fights it or is frustrated trying to get to sleep and now we've started some CIO but I'm not counting minutes or anything.  I think her real issue with sleep now is that she can sit up and move around so she constantly wants to be doing that instead of sitting still or sleeping.
  • Options
    I used this.  I like her practical approach. The author is also a mother which made me like it as well.  I only used bits and pieces of her advice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We just started last night by doing the logs, and we're going to make our ten day plan after she's in bed tonight.  So far I've learned she is definitely not getting enough daytime sleep. 
    photo 3104d09c-3cc7-4177-aed6-da3344fdf17f_zpsbb1f9ce7.jpg

• Options
    We just started last night by doing the logs, and we're going to make our ten day plan after she's in bed tonight.  So far I've learned she is definitely not getting enough daytime sleep. 
    This is almost exactly the same for us.  I've read through all of the solutions and we are implementing some of them...unfortunately the main issue is her naps and I am not with her during the day so that is out of my control.  I did give my mom the sections of the book on naps in hopes it would help, but I don't know if she is really implementing the techniques.
  • Options
    We are still working on it, but it hasn't been working. It could be because he's teething and is a grazer though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"