Cloth Diapering

A Rash!!! (And Yes, I read all the FAQS) lol

Bright red, not raised, not bumpy all over the diaper area probably equals detergent sensitivity, right? I'm fairly sure that last night's diaper was washed in Tide and would be the first ON tide diaper. Otherwise I think our ammonia issues are back. Dangit!

Re: A Rash!!! (And Yes, I read all the FAQS) lol

• I got nothing. We're having similar issues. I think ours is due to the iron in our water though. GL
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Bahaha MK. You so silly. I agree with either detergent or ammonia. But hasn't your LO had tide issues before? Or am I making that up?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • @MK I love you! :-*  and :ar!  just because

@TJ1979 It wasn't my kid. We just started using Tide, and I've only done one load of his diapers in it just in case he did react. But he was possibly sensitive to Charlie's. Or it was a detergent build-up. Not sure.

• Maybe I was thinking of @mandmeesh, bc I actually thought she was the one that posted this. Or maybe I made it up. Who knows?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I vote detergent sensitivity. That's what G's "rash" was like when we discovered he was sensitive to Pampers and Huggies. I agree with MK, try using a diaper not washed in Tide. It only took 1/2 a day in CDs for G's sposie rash to clear up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Did the diaper smell like ammonia? A gets the rid, no bumps rash from her ON diaper sometimes if she's been in it for like 14 hours. For her it's from the ammonia, not detergent.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • That's what DD's rash looked like from Tide sensitivity--red, not raised, and all over diaper area.

BabyFruit Ticker

• What kind of diaper?  DS started having a reaction to suedecloth like this.  We used suedecloth pockets all the time and then, out of nowhere, it started happening.
  • I lost track of this thread about halfway through ;) But, @tj1979, I think you are remembering me and M about a red rash and possible tide sensitivity. 

I still use Tide, though, and I haven't seen that rash since.  so I'm no help. lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"