January 2013 Moms

how many oz of formula per day?

at this point, Ben is drinking 2-4 8oz bottles per day. and the 2 bottles are becoming more and more frequent. that means he is eating only 16 oz some days. we offer him the 4 bottles (one in the morning, one before each of his 2 naps, and one before bed) he just doesn't want them during the day as much. he eats everything we eat, so his solid foods are very balanced and he can eat a lot! he ate a whole kids meal the other day at Panera. we are going to the dr late next week for his (very late since he is almost 10 months) 9 month well baby, so i will be sure to ask him as well, but how many bottles/oz is your baby eating a day at this point? has he or she cut back the amount of bottles?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how many oz of formula per day?

• Wren will not drink more than 6oz at a time, 3, maybe 4 times a day.. most often though she only drinks half the bottle. She definitely cut down on the bottles once we started solids. We had our appt last week and our dr said, it's fine because she is growing well but to keep offering the bottle. I would say she has about 18-20oz a day give or take.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• DS is getting about 30 oz of formula a day with 6 5oz bottles. He is eating three meals a day. I think we are going to start decreasing little by little in his bottles since he is eating more solids now as we get closer to the one year mark. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ta78 said:
    Wren will not drink more than 6oz at a time, 3, maybe 4 times a day.. most often though she only drinks half the bottle. She definitely cut down on the bottles once we started solids. We had our appt last week and our dr said, it's fine because she is growing well but to keep offering the bottle. I would say she has about 18-20oz a day give or take.
    This.  I would say most days she gets less than 20 ozs.  but she eats a ton of food. I'm not worried, she's defintely full at the end of the day.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"