3rd Trimester
Options

First time mom at 30 weeks

I'm a first time Mom and I am 30 weeks along. I've been having severe lower back pain, nausea, dizziness, my son moves so much and I think I'm starting to get BH. I can't turn to my mom for advice because she adopted us and couldn't have kids. I just don't know if this is me just freaking out, or if I should call my doctor and get it checked out. Any advice?

Re: First time mom at 30 weeks

• Options
    With the severe back pain and your symptoms I would def call your OB. How frequent are your BHC?

December Siggy Challenge: Love Actually

Married DH: April 21 2012 // Expecting our first: Jan 20 2014
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The BH aren't regular. I get them a lot at night, but I also get some during the day where I have to stop what I'm doing and let it pass. I have a doctor appointment Tuesday, so I don't know if I should just wait til then or not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's normal. At least for me.. I'm preg with my second and it was the same both times. 37 weeks now and still get sick too..
  • Options
    Sounds like pregnancy but call your doctor. We are not doctors (as far as I know) and its best you get the advise of your own doc if you are concerned. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it sounds normal. I would make a call to your doc just for peace of mind though
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Options
    Are you drinking lots of water?  Resting with your feet up and changing position?  If they're that uncomfortable and not stopping with hydration and rest, call your doctor.  Everyone is different and we can't tell you what is normal for you.  Good luck!

Also-if your mom adopted you she should be supportive of your pregnancy.  Why do you feel you can't go to her just because she couldn't have biological children?  Has she told you not to come to her?  She should be happy and excited for you.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options
    I just meant that she can't tell me what is what like for her because she never went through it. I go to her a lot, but never having gone through it herself makes it hard for her to give advice
  • Options
    This sounds like what I normally go through during third tri, unfortunately! That being said, it never hurts to call your doctor for advice, and whenever you have questions like this it's a good habit to be in I think!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    Please call your doctor!  It is absolutely better to be safe than sorry, I thought I was feeling "normal" pregnancy cramps and pressure last week, luckily I had an appointment because she decided to do a quick check and discovered I was dilated 3cm at 29 weeks and I was actually starting labor without realizing it.  On the bright side, we stopped the labor and my little one is still cooking for now, but if I didn't happen to have that appointment I don't know what would have happened.
  • Options
    I just had an appointment yesterday, and I had said the symptoms I was having and was told to wear a belly band and take a hot bath and Tylenol. But last night I was having lots of sharp pain and it was all towards my pelvis. I called the emergency number and was told again to just take a hot bath. Going to call my doctor again today see if there is something else I should be doing because this isn't helping!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"