December 2012 Moms

Sick Baby :(

My son started daycare on Aug 26, 2013. A week or two later he came down with his first "cold" which was expected. But what bothers me is he's still sick!! We're doing everything we can, humidifier, alternating IBprofin and Acetaminophen, saline spray, ect. We have been to the doctor 4 or 5 times within the last couple of months. They tried antibiotics, didn't help. They took x-rays, saw nothing. We tried a neutralizer, that didn't seem to help either. And most recently we were sent to an ENT doc and he said, " We can try treating it as acid reflux but if that doesn't work, I would lean more towards asthma. And if that's the case, he's too young to be diagnosed with asthma so we would treat him for it until he's old enough to be diagnosed." But honestly I dont think it's either, it just seems like a bad cold. He doesn't spike the fevers as much anymore but he's congessted and his cough sounds bronchial. It's deffinatly worse at night. His personality seems fine during the day. He's not wanting to drink full bottles anymore but he's gaining weight fine. My husband thinks we should try and get a third opinion from another doctor. But I guess I wonder, could it be just colds stacking on top of each other from being at daycare? And at this point doctors are just grasping at straws, but really we just need to wait it out? But how long is too long to wait? I just feel so bad for the little guy. And I'm not sure what to do anymore, I just wish he would fell better :(

Re: Sick Baby :(

• My cousins little boy was sick all the time with a cold, pneumonia and it turned out there was mold in his house making him sick. Not to alarm you, but I would check to see if your house or daycare has mold that's unknown, because that's a long time to have a cold, poor guy. Hopefully you guys can figure out what it is to get him on the road to recovery. I would also Get a second opinion, it can't hurt.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so sorry your LO doesn't feel well! I hope he feels better soon!! I would think it's one cold on top of another but I'm not a doctor. Teething could be playing a part in some of the symptoms too if he's teething. If your worried I'd definitely get a 2nd or 3rd opinion. It won't hurt to see another doctor. Maybe try recording him while he's sleeping so the next doctor can hear his cough and breathing when it's at its worst. Sorry I know not much help but my main reason for posting was to wish you luck and hope he feels better asap!
  • Loading the player...
  • Could he have allergies? I really battle cold like symptoms this time of year because of my allergies. I'm more prone to getting colds because of everything going on in my sinuses.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• I would wonder about environmental causes as well...does he seem any less or more sick on the days he doesn't go to daycare?

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Thanks for all your opinions I really apprechiate it. I'll bring up possible mold or allergies to his doctor. And I'll try to record him at night. My husband had really bad allergies as a child, so allergies has come up. His doctor says she'd rather try everything else first because he's so young she doesn't want to put him through an allergy test if she doesn't have to. Also, he did just get his 6th tooth! So I'm pretty sure that's where the fevers came in at the beginning because now that it's through, he doesn't get the bad fevers anymore. As far as environmental causes, it's pretty consistent. But the couple times we did think he was getting better was during weekends. So maybe?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"