Pregnant after IF

PSA: Listeria in Broccoli Salad Kits

Re: PSA: Listeria in Broccoli Salad Kits

• thanks for posting! 
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Thank you for sharing.

This is what drives me nuts about all the "guidelines" we're supposed to follow. We can't eat deli meat because of possible listeria, but the past few listeria outbreaks have all come from fruits/veggies/cheeses. It's frustrating. And scary.
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for sharing.

This is what drives me nuts about all the "guidelines" we're supposed to follow. We can't eat deli meat because of possible listeria, but the past few listeria outbreaks have all come from fruits/veggies/cheeses. It's frustrating. And scary.
    I am in the hospital now and therefore subject to hospital food. They have brought me deli sandwiches on a number of occasions. I figure if deli meat is really that big of a concern they wouldn't bring me a sandwich! I was soooo careful about everything I ate before coming here, including eating almost exclusively organic. Now I feel kind of silly for trying SO hard because I am now living off cafeteria food, which is like the opposite of the type if food I ate before. Anyway, my point is just maybe pregnant women don't really need to restrict their diets as much as we hear. I'm not advocating that, just suggesting it may be the case.
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have been refraining from deli meat, too, when all I really want is a big Reuben sand which!
  • Thank you for sharing.

I am in the hospital now and therefore subject to hospital food. They have brought me deli sandwiches on a number of occasions. I figure if deli meat is really that big of a concern they wouldn't bring me a sandwich! I was soooo careful about everything I ate before coming here, including eating almost exclusively organic. Now I feel kind of silly for trying SO hard because I am now living off cafeteria food, which is like the opposite of the type if food I ate before. Anyway, my point is just maybe pregnant women don't really need to restrict their diets as much as we hear. I'm not advocating that, just suggesting it may be the case.
    I have to agree. I think pregnant women should do some independent research and make their own decisions about the so-called restrictions because some of them are WAY overstated if you look at the actual studies they are based on. There's a popular book out on this topic - I think it's called "Expecting Better" - I wanted to read it earlier on in my pregnancy but of course haven't had the time... :)
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Roeni said:
    I have been refraining from deli meat, too, when all I really want is a big Reuben sand which!
    Roeni, I think a reuben should be okay because it has to get heated up to melt the cheese.  I've been eating Applegate Farms deli meats from the grocery store pretty much every day--- just making sure they are heated up to kill off anything.  I usually fry them inside a tortilla wrap with cheese to make a quesadilla.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think you have to heat the meat to a sizzling point though for it to be considered safe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"