October 2012 Moms
Options

Should I call poison control?

So LO had an ingrown thumbnail and we keep soaking it and putting neosporin while it is healing. He won't keep a band aid on it so we rub in the neosporin. Maybe ten minutes later, he's sucking on that thumb and considering I put such a small amount, is there a need to call poison control? I figured it would be ok to just watch him and see if he vomits or acts different but what would you do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Should I call poison control?

• Options
    I think you should be OK. Just keep an eye on him and see if he starts acting differently.  We had to put triple antibiotic ointment on Wesley's finger last week because he got his finger pinched in a door. We did manage to keep a band-aid on him though.  At first he just kept biting it until the band-aid came off but then my husband put a band-aid on his finger, the same one that Wesley needed one and I did to and Wesley kept the band-aid on.  He kept holding up his finger and pointing to ours so it helped.  If you are really worried you could call your nurse line and ask them.

• Options
    I think you should be OK. Just keep an eye on him and see if he starts acting differently.  We had to put triple antibiotic ointment on Wesley's finger last week because he got his finger pinched in a door. We did manage to keep a band-aid on him though.  At first he just kept biting it until the band-aid came off but then my husband put a band-aid on his finger, the same one that Wesley needed one and I did to and Wesley kept the band-aid on.  He kept holding up his finger and pointing to ours so it helped.  If you are really worried you could call your nurse line and ask them.
    cute idea.  I have a feeling the amount you are using for his cut is not enough to cause an issue.  If he sucked on the bottle, it might be a different story.  That being said, I would just call the doctor's office and speak to a nurse to get their opinion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was worried about DS putting his fingers in his mouth with neosporin on them (his fingers are always in his mouth). The nurse said it is okay and that it won't hurt him. She did also say to avoid the band-aid because it could be a choking hazard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"