High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

high bp in 1st pregnancy = high bp in 2nd?

I am a 40-year-old who is currently 26 weeks pregnant with my second child. During my first pregnancy (at 37 years), I developed high blood pressure at around 35 weeks, was put on bed rest by 36/37 weeks, and was finally induced (to be safe) by 39 weeks. When I am not pregnant, by blood pressure varies from normal to borderline, depending on lifestyle factors (when I am stressed and engaging bad habits, it goes up, when I exercise regularly and take good care of myself, it goes down). I am not overweight and I'm probably in better shape and more active this pregnancy when compared to my last. I've been trying to get to the gym a couple times a week for cardio and I have a three-year-old who keeps me pretty active. 

My question is, are there women out there who have high blood pressure during one pregnancy but then don't have it for their subsequent pregnancies? My midwife is behaving as if it won't be an issue for me, but I'm worried about it. 

Re: high bp in 1st pregnancy = high bp in 2nd?

• Options
    Just because you had high BP in one pregnancy doesn't mean you will in a subsequent pregnancy.  You will be monitored closely for changes in your BP but there's no guarantee or rule that says you will have this problem again.  Sounds like you were able to make it close to your due date with #1 so that is great!  Fingers crossed for you that everything stays normal.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options
    Did you have just high BP or pre-e?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just high BP. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"