Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Solids, Sleep, and Poop.

LtlAngLLtlAngL member
edited October 2013 in Babies: 6 - 9 Months
We started solids with LO a week before he turned 6 months. He was sleeping great before, only waking up once to eat, and then falling asleep in 15-20 minutes. Now, he wakes up at 2:30 to eat, and is then up every half hour for no reason, but will cry louder and louder until I get him. I'll hold him for 2 minutes and he'll fall back asleep but be up crying again every 15-30 minutes until he poops (usually between 4:30 and 5:30 AM)...then he usually requires a change of diaper and PJ's too most of the time! After that, he'll fall asleep until about 8:30 with no issues. We aren't feeding him anything weird - squash, sweet potato, cereal, apple, avocado, banana, etc. Is it possible that feeding him these things with dinner is giving him gas in the middle of the night or something? I would really like us to get back to sleep!

TTC 17 months, Dx: MFI (morph = 1,) Endo. Surprise BFP after HSG!

Re: Solids, Sleep, and Poop.

• Options
    Can you try to give him the solids at a different time of day instead of dinner time?  Maybe it's too close to bed and his little tummy is still trying to digest the solids.  If it's gas, they make gas drops that can help with that.  Sometimes we add them to our LO's bedtime bottle if she seems gassy.
  • Options
    I try to give the solids around 5:30pm and then do a bottle before bed around 7.  Sometimes if DDs last nap runs a little long she winds up not getting solids in the evening, just a bottle.  It could be that the last solids meal of the day is working its way through his system keeping him up.  I agree with PPs about maybe dropping an evening solids meal for a while to see if that helps the sleep issue.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. Today I'm going to try to only do solids for "breakfast" and "lunch." He's been going to sleep around 9, and this means he'll only have bottles after about 4:30 PM. I also picked up some prunes and peaches to try over the next few days. We have some gas drops to use just in case too. FX that this works. I need some sleep!

TTC 17 months, Dx: MFI (morph = 1,) Endo. Surprise BFP after HSG!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"