April 2013 Moms
Options

Pumpkin

Anyone making some or giving some to their LO to eat?
I am assuming it's okay..... We haven't started solids yet but I was thinking about making some and freezing it.
I do not like anything pumpkin so I have to clue how to go about making some for DD.
Thoughts? Tips?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pumpkin

• Options
    not sure but I bought a jar of pumpkin and apple blend for LO to eat on Thanksgiving
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just going to make it like any other squash, cut pieces and put them in a baking dish with a bit of water at the bottom, bake at 400 for an hour- scape out (once it is soft) then puree in the blender with some of the cooking water.

I am quite happy for all the fresh produce to work with right now, we have barely started solids but I have a bunch made up in the freezer. She has a cold right now, so is not interested... but after this cold we are starting into the stash!
  • Options
    LO just had a Plum Organic pouch of pumpkin the other day and it was of the only foods he didn't like, which is weird because he likes butternut squash and sweet potato, which taste similar to me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, but to answer your question - cut it in chunks, peel, roast or steam, and mash with a food processor, adding water as needed to thin it out!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    He loves it! I just got the canned that has pumpkin as the only ingredient. I added a dash of cinnamon and allspice to take out the bitterness.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I bought some pumpkin today and was really excited for him to eat it.. when I reached into the bag the glass jar was shattered. =(

• Options
    arschm02arschm02 member
    edited October 2013
    Canned pumpkin is one of my LOs favorite purees... Especially when I add a little cinnamon to it.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options

@clandestinex - boo! that stinks.

The pumpkin and apple by Earth's Best is Ava's favorite food.

• Options

@clandestinex - boo! that stinks.

The pumpkin and apple by Earth's Best is Ava's favorite food.

That is what it was too lol...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"