Trouble TTC

Progesterone Help! (child mentioned)

Well I am back on the baby train, and unfortunately experiencing fertility issues once again. This month, we did an IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot. This is the same method that had worked for us in the past. We have now gone through our second month of treatment and for the second month in a row, I have had low progesterone. I never had this previously. Last month when I had it, they gave me vaginal supplements. I didn't end up being pregnant. This month we decided to up the anti and try the IUI, but now with a 8.9 progesterone level indicating that I did ovulate but not high enough to support a pregnancy, I will have to do the supplements again. Which I will do, but I am devastated because I am sure that I will not become pregnant again this month. Trying to fight back the tears today, but I don't know how common this is for women. Has anyone had experience with this that may have more insight than me? Thanks for your help.

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

Re: Progesterone Help! (child mentioned)

• Hello!  Most of us are on some form of progesterone supplement once we start with IUIs - sometimes due to low progesterone levels, or other times out precaution.  Sorry about the bummer news, but it doesn't mean you're out for sure.  I've seen some ladies get BFPs with a low P level.

It still shows your old ticker .  In case you haven't been on TB in a while, they changed how you update your siggy.  You have to go to Preferences (the profile icon towards the top), and then Signature Settings.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • I take progesterone supps every month ( medicated or not) due to low progesterone.  Talk to your doctor about your progesterone issues.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the suggestions on the signature. I thought I had updated it, but I was going through the old way. I haven't been on TB since 2011. I feel very out of place now that I unfortunately have had to come back and have some additional issues that I didn't have in the past. I did talk to my RE, but I think sometimes they deal with more serious cases and don't think to give me all the information. I just wanted to know how normal it was, because it hasn't been normal for me in the past. Again, thank you for your replies.

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

• My doc put me on it as a precaution - can't say whether or not it's working yet.  When I got tested 7 DPO mine was at 14.5.  I'll keep you posted on whether or not it's helping me get/sustain a pregnancy.
  • I was put on progesterone because of a luteal phase defect (only 5-9 days) and on the supplement, it lasts a full 14 days. My progesterone levels were on the low side and though they haven't tested me since I started the supplement, I'm pretty sure it's doing what it should. GL to you!
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"