Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Having anxiety going back to work

I had my second child August 11th and I'm getting ready to go back to work in a couple of weeks. I'm having major anxiety with the second one. I enjoyed stayin at home so much more with the second one. I think it's because I was more relaxed. My little one will be in good hands with my mom, but I would rather be at home with her. Unfortunately, my job is needed. Any ideas on how to help my anxiety?

Re: Having anxiety going back to work

• That or ask your mom to send pictures throughout the day so you can see that lo is doing great, and because it's always nice to receive pictures of you lo
  • I feel the same way :( I was out of work a month & some change before delivering and I hve to go back 11/25, LO will be almost 7 weeks. I am dreading it :( I agree w/ the others that you can hve pictures sent to you and/or texts&phone calls with updates :) maybe if you can't leave work on your lunch, your mom could bring your LO by to see you for a little bit. I'm sure it'll get easier as time goes on.

Amanda (24) DH (27)
    TTC#1: 2/2009 with PCOS - BFP 2/2013
    EDD 10.19.13 ~ DD born 10.9.13
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise! Baby S due 4.14.15
    BabyGaga

• Loading the player...
  • Ease back into it a few days at a time.  I worked every other day the first week.  See if your mom can bring LO by over lunch.  And definitely do the picture thing!
  • Went back at 7 weeks this Monday and cried like a big baby. I have so much anxiety about it every day still but hopefully it will get better soon. On the plus side for you, your mom will have your LO, that would make me feel better.
  • I started back pt for two weeks. I could have waited and gone back ft at 7 weeks, but I went back pt at 6 weeks and 7 weeks and went ft 8 weeks. Even though it meant starting back sooner, the transition was much easier. Do you have any flexibility?
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• I'm in the same situation. I have two weeks left of my maternity leave, and I am dreading going back to work. We are doing an in-home daycare in our neighborhood, and I plan on dropping the LO off a few times next week for a couple of hours each time to ease us both into the transition. 
  • I'm starting to stress about it too (have a week and a half left and will be going back after 13 weeks off).  My daughter will be at a daycare center right by my work so I'm hoping the fact that she's closeby will make it easier.  I'm doing a trial run on Fri and then another one next week.  My first week back the following week I'm planning to do a few short days and work from home 2 days.  I'm worried that she won't get enough attention since she's used to me being with her all the time and can be fussy.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm in the same boat-- anxious about returning. We are leaving DS with MIL for 2 weeks and then over to in-home car near our home. MIL does not agree with many of our decisions -- i.e. No screen time around the baby, no formula, no pacifiers except in very specific situations. This makes even more uneasy, but it's limited and I hope I will relax after a few days.
  • I'm unfortunately in the same boat, but what I did was buy a security camera. This way when Roslyn is napping or playing at her Aunties house she can prop up the small portable wifi camera and I can watch her from work. There is also a record option so I don't miss a thing. The picture idea is a amazing idea, but in case you want something more in the age of smart phones you can have it. The camera set cost 99.99 at best buy and because its wifi there is no data cost on your cell phone plan. I hope this helps and i hope your anxiety subsides.
    Always,
    Rixie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"