September 2012 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    I have gained back 10, TEN pounds of the original 16 or so I lost. wtf is wrong with me. I do not understand. I mean I understand how to lose and gain weight I just do not fully comprehend myself and how I am incapable I controlling my eating habits. No general practitioners are taking new appointments for months around here. I just want to find someone that will prescribe me a weight loss drug to help. I don't care anymore. I just want help. I don't want to work so hard and lose a lb in a week. Not when I have 100 to lose and there are only 52 weeks in a year.

I'm sure you are all so tired of hearing my weight loss whines and complaints and I'm sure you are thinking just shut up and stop eating terribly and exercise. And don't use run on sentences.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @redneckmomma Have you had your thyroid checked? Hypothyroidism is what hindered my weight loss PP. My OB ordered the blood work.

• Options
    edited October 2013

WTF nanny?  You are supposed to make my life easier.  Instead you are high maintenance and a constant stressor.  You work for us, not the other way around.

ETA:  @redneckmomma  Losing weight is hard, don't beat yourself up about it.  It can be so frustrating.

• Options
    @redneckmomma25 I totally feel your pain. I have probably over 100lbs to lose, and it sucks. I am going to be honest, there is no easy way to do it. It is just freaking hard. I agree breaking it down seems to be more manageable for me.

I know it is so hard to get past the anger/sadness of why you have to make a radical lifestyle change and eat differently than other people. At least I feel that way sometimes, why can my husband have a bag of chips and I can't? It just sucks. I think finding a doctor and talking to someone can help. I have really enjoyed WW -- I go every week, and I am the largest person there, but it is like therapy for me. I think it really helps me stay on goal. Don't give up, you just have to find something that works for you.
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@redneckmomma25 - Weight loss can be so hard.  I've ended up down and up and down again so many times.  Try not to beat yourself up about it.  You're still down 6 lbs!  That's awesome! 

I agree that getting your tyroid checked isn't a bad idea.  When I found out I had hypothyroidism it made sense on why I would workout so hard and lose weight slower than I expected.

Now, I just eat poorly because I'm a stress-eater - but that's my issue.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    BPer said:

@redneckmomma Have you had your thyroid checked? Hypothyroidism is what hindered my weight loss PP. My OB ordered the blood work.

Not in a few years. Today's struggle is no different than my struggle at 20. I can't get into a GP. I guess I could call my OB and see if they could do it. It's not as if I can't lose weight. I can. I have proven that with WW. I can lose the weight. It is so hard for me though. The numbers are just over whelming. I know 1 lb at a time but I don't have 2 years before I want to be PG again.

• Options
    kelbel527 said:

@redneckmomma25 - Weight loss can be so hard.  I've ended up down and up and down again so many times.  Try not to beat yourself up about it.  You're still down 6 lbs!  That's awesome! 

I agree that getting your tyroid checked isn't a bad idea.  When I found out I had hypothyroidism it made sense on why I would workout so hard and lose weight slower than I expected.

Now, I just eat poorly because I'm a stress-eater - but that's my issue.

I was working out hard every single day, eating around 1500 calories, and not losing a thing. It can't hurt to get it checked.

• Options

WTF, Body. I am MOH in my cousins wedding and my face decides it needs a cold sore today. I hate these things. It is probably stress induced from my ridiculous family.

WTF, Uncle who decided it was a good idea to post on facebook 25 reasons suicide is better than a sports team. Then argue with my DH about why it is okay to leave it on his facebook because it was a joke. Yes, my DH who just lost his daughter 6 months ago to that reason. Way to be an insensitive asshole, Uncle.

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks guys. I feel like I am alone in this. My husband supports me but doesn't know how to be supportive if that makes sense? My mom just tells me all these awesomely terrible recipes she's found to feed her (borderline diabetic and very obese) and her live in fb who is literally a cigarette away from another (he's had 2 ) heart attack daily. I am no self motivating. So I come to the board. Thank you for listening and giving advice.
  • Options

WTF, Body. I am MOH in my cousins wedding and my face decides it needs a cold sore today. I hate these things. It is probably stress induced from my ridiculous family.

WTF, Uncle who decided it was a good idea to post on facebook 25 reasons suicide is better than a sports team. Then argue with my DH about why it is okay to leave it on his facebook because it was a joke. Yes, my DH who just lost his daughter 6 months ago to that reason. Way to be an insensitive asshole, Uncle.

WOW.  And I thought my family members posted some dumb shit on FB.  That is unbelievable.  What an ass.
  • Options
    @redneckmomma25 don't give up! I agree with everyone else, just set smaller goals so it does not feel so daunting. You can do this!

@icedcoffeeluv I'm sorry your uncle is an ass

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options

Cold sores are the worst!  I hope it heals up soon.  Do you have a prescription for it?  I find that helps clear mine up much more quickly than just Abreva. 

And yes, your uncle needs some sensitivity training.
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    Cold sores are the worst!  I hope it heals up soon.  Do you have a prescription for it?  I find that helps clear mine up much more quickly than just Abreva. 

I have some zovirax. I have been using it and do find it helps more than abreva. It is expired though so I have been debating seeing if the doctor will call me in another prescription without seeing me.

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    WTF self. Thanks to DD fighting her nap for an hour and a half yesterday, I didn't have time to run out and get H an anniversary card before he got home. I'm an ass for putting it off.

• Options
    @redneckmomma25
    I am super lazy when it comes to weight loss/exercising...I do something for like 2 weeks and then stop and "fall off the wagon". The one thing I have been able to stick with is eating all whole foods...I used the menus on 100 days of real food to get started and with just following that for a month I lost about 15 lbs and it has stayed off. Good luck!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:

I have some zovirax. I have been using it and do find it helps more than abreva. It is expired though so I have been debating seeing if the doctor will call me in another prescription without seeing me.
    I think they would refill it.  I'd at least give it a try! 
  • Options

MRoxy0628 said:

They probably will have no issue calling in that prescription for you.

• Options
    I have gained back 10, TEN pounds of the original 16 or so I lost. wtf is wrong with me. I do not understand. I mean I understand how to lose and gain weight I just do not fully comprehend myself and how I am incapable I controlling my eating habits. No general practitioners are taking new appointments for months around here. I just want to find someone that will prescribe me a weight loss drug to help. I don't care anymore. I just want help. I don't want to work so hard and lose a lb in a week. Not when I have 100 to lose and there are only 52 weeks in a year. I'm sure you are all so tired of hearing my weight loss whines and complaints and I'm sure you are thinking just shut up and stop eating terribly and exercise. And don't use run on sentences.
    HUGS!! I don't think anyone here is tired of you talking about weight lose struggles....if only it were as easy as just start eating healthy and exercise...but, it not. It's a tough battle, but don't beat yourself up about it. I think you should take a step back. Treat yourself to something wonderful (like other PPs have said). When you feel like your in a better place, make a plan and tackle it. In the meantime, be kind to yourself, dear :)

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    Thanks guys. I feel like I am alone in this. My husband supports me but doesn't know how to be supportive if that makes sense? My mom just tells me all these awesomely terrible recipes she's found to feed her (borderline diabetic and very obese) and her live in fb who is literally a cigarette away from another (he's had 2 ) heart attack daily. I am no self motivating. So I come to the board. Thank you for listening and giving advice.
    My mom and dad went through a whole lifestyle/weight loss journey together about 3 or 4 years ago. The lack of emotional support in a community that's based around food can be crippling, so I completely understand how hard the situation with your mom and mom's BF can be.

My mom's office is FULL of baked goods all the time that people (very lovingly) make and then get offended when my mom doesn't try any...she almost lost friendships over it....crazy, but true. My mom said the best thing would to just repeating to people who bugged her about not eating fattening/sugary foods that she was trying to get healthy...not lose weight (since some people can look at "weight lose" as you trying to be "better" then them...it's bullshit). Eventually, people just got used to it and knew that my mom wasn't going to try their dip/baked good/cake whatever and got over it...

Sorry for the novel, just wanted to share a similar story.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    PokedotPokedot member
    edited October 2013

@redneckmomma25 You can do this! The first thing to do is get rid of those negative thoughts. Positive all the way! Set small manageable goals. Make it going to the gym 5 days in a week. If you skip today you have to go Saturday or  Sunday. Prepack meals and have a meal plan. Keep healthy snacks around and throw out the junk. You'll be more pron to each healthier options if the junk isn't around. When you go out to dinner decide what you'll order before you get there so the meal is in your head and you can't stray. Also take 1/2 of the meal home for lunch the next day. Keep a food journal of what you're eating. Once it's on paper you can see when your hungry times are and you combat them with healthy snacks. Losing weight is a conscious effort and I'll say it time and time again, it's 90% mental and 10% physical. If you aren't mentally in it, it won't work.

I lost 50lbs before getting KU and then lost it all after having DS. I still want to lose another 30-40 before I'm comfortable and yes, everyday is a struggle but everyday is a new day. I have to remind myself that if I screwed up yesterday I still have today to correct it. Sulk for a minute and move on. If you need anything let me know. I know, I've been there and I can't say that it will go away. I'll have a constant struggle with weightloss/food for the rest of my life. I just have to make smark decisions and know that what I'm doing is going to better my life and my families. I want to be around the enjoy it all! GL!

ETA: My WTF? My grandma looked terrible on Friday when I saw her in the hospital. We moved her to a nursing home yesterday and I went to see her. She looked amazing compared to Friday! I'm very excited about this but in the back of my mind I'm wondering if this is the calm before the storm.

• Options
    WTF kid we don't take naps at 6:30! I thought you were so tired you were going to bed early. Thought wrong. Time change please get here. Kid, please adjust.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

WTF?! Seriously, people are such a-holes.

• Options
    I hear ya @redneckmomma25 - I've got 30+ lbs to lose by my wedding and it's stressing me out. I agree with PPs that say make small goals, but I'll got further and say make teeny tiny goals. At the beginning, my goals weren't like 'I'll get a pedicure after 10 lbs', they were like 'if I can lose more than a lb this week, I'm going out by myself for an hour to window shop'. Maybe they're smaller rewards, but I need constant pick me ups and that works better for me than waiting potentially months for something I might have done by then anyway.
    Stay positive - just try to be aware of every food choice you make and try to stay accountable to yourself. To me, that's the hardest part: staying attentive to your goal. Good luck!
  • Options
    Wtf - SO gets sick days ago and only now is DD showing signs she's picked it up. Which means I'm destined for it. Looking forward to a grumpy/snotty halloween
  • Options
    @redneckmomma25, I could have written your post. :-)  It sucks.  I'm with you 1000%.  DH and I were doing WW, then he slacked, which means then I slacked.  So now we're back to the drawing board.

I hope it gets easier for you.

My WTF is just me complaining about Nancy's rash again. :-(  She's had a yeast rash for over a week.  Doc says it could take another week or 2 to clear up completely.  He's had us using Lotramin with A&D and now gave us a prescription that could take 10-14 days to fully work.  I'm just so frustrated with it.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    WTF DH! Let me have my 5 minutes in the bathroom in peace! I don't need you knocking/opening the door to "check on" me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"